• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    sounds like I need your services.lol instead of my current people.

p.s. thats why I asked about your creds.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    sounds like I need your services.lol instead of my current people.

p.s. thats why I asked about your creds.

I'm always interested in opportunities. Seriously... pm me if you think we might be of service to one another! :rockwoot:

Anyhow, to further clarify. If you are the owner of a corporation, and you also work for the corporation, your actual salary is NOT double taxed. The corporation gets to deduct salaries from its tax base.

There are all sorts of rules about salaries and what is and is not deductible... in the case provided, a salary is probably not reasonable (at least until the business grows considerably). All profits will probably just be passed through to the owner (operator, etc etc)... so a pass through tax structure (Sole Proprietorship, LLP or LLC) probably makes the most sense.

In NEWMAN's case, as a corporation, he may take a salary for his management of the company. These amounts are not double taxed. The company deducts them and he shows them on his tax return. Any distributions of net profit ARE double taxed however.

To the OP... my professional advice is to keep it simple. Sole Proprietorship all the way. Skip the insurance unless you are going to f' it all up. If you are really concerned about liability, spend a couple hundred bucks to have an attorney set up an LLC. :twocents:

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    Indiana small business developement centers are avail around the state and can assist you with your questions. I recently used them and have good report of them. Good luck.

Top Bottom