• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    "Men ought either to be indulged or utterly destroyed, for if you merely offend them they take vengeance, but if you injure them greatly they are unable to retaliate, so that the injury done to a man ought to be such that vengeance cannot be feared." (Quote by - Niccolo Machiavelli)

I LOVE that quote! so much it's been my sig since I registered with INGO.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    It looks like a lot of people in this thread fought back against their bully and stomped him. Ok now, 'fess up, who fought back and got whooped? Let's hear it...

I fought back and got my ass handed to me by a bully but it was worth it. When people saw I was willing to fight back they left me alone.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I've always taught my kids that there is a time to fight back. The trick can sometimes be knowing when that time is. I also told them that they may have to face consequences even for defending themselves. Even if those consequences are unjust, they are seldom worse than allowing the situation to continue.

As a kid (around 12 or 13) I delivered newspapers. The local bully often gave me a pretty hard time. I started bringing my faithful dog with me all the time and he defended me more than once. All that did was provoke them to watch for a time I didn't have the dog with me. One day he had a couple friends with him egging him on. I had enough. I threw my stuff on the ground and said "Let's go!". He was a stronger, older kid and pretty much just toyed with me. He would get me in a headlock and ask me if I had enough. I refused to answer. Every time he let go, I went at him again. I'd get knocked down, and I'd get right back up. I refused to quit. Just when I thought it was never going to end, he pushed me off of him, called me crazy and walked away with his friends. I was sore for days. I also never had any trouble with him again.

This all happened right down the street from my house. I didn't know it but my dad watched the whole thing. After I finished my route and came home, Dad gave me a look I hadn't seen before. He took me out to the garage later on the pretext of having me help work on the car. As he was poking around under the hood, he told me he saw what happened and asked me if I was OK. Of course I wasn't but I said I was. He gave me that same look again, then he reached in the garage fridge and handed me a beer. "Here, I think you earned this today." I could barely choke it down but I enjoyed every drop while Dad had one with me. Then he told me "I know you don't feel like it, but you won that fight...and don't tell your mom about the beer."

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Nice job Casey if you continue to take that type of Abuse, who knows?? Maybe someday you will become president of the U.S.A. and go around to other countries apologizing for your countries past hero's actions. I'm just saying.......Barry was probably bullied.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I've always taught my kids that there is a time to fight back. The trick can sometimes be knowing when that time is. I also told them that they may have to face consequences even for defending themselves. Even if those consequences are unjust, they are seldom worse than allowing the situation to continue.

As a kid (around 12 or 13) I delivered newspapers. The local bully often gave me a pretty hard time. I started bringing my faithful dog with me all the time and he defended me more than once. All that did was provoke them to watch for a time I didn't have the dog with me. One day he had a couple friends with him egging him on. I had enough. I threw my stuff on the ground and said "Let's go!". He was a stronger, older kid and pretty much just toyed with me. He would get me in a headlock and ask me if I had enough. I refused to answer. Every time he let go, I went at him again. I'd get knocked down, and I'd get right back up. I refused to quit. Just when I thought it was never going to end, he pushed me off of him, called me crazy and walked away with his friends. I was sore for days. I also never had any trouble with him again.

This all happened right down the street from my house. I didn't know it but my dad watched the whole thing. After I finished my route and came home, Dad gave me a look I hadn't seen before. He took me out to the garage later on the pretext of having me help work on the car. As he was poking around under the hood, he told me he saw what happened and asked me if I was OK. Of course I wasn't but I said I was. He gave me that same look again, then he reached in the garage fridge and handed me a beer. "Here, I think you earned this today." I could barely choke it down but I enjoyed every drop while Dad had one with me. Then he told me "I know you don't feel like it, but you won that fight...and don't tell your mom about the beer."

Great story.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Awesome. I can't believe that the school suspended him. Once the bully stopped, he stopped. After being punched in the face multiple times, I'm proud of the self control he had not to start stomping the bully when he was down.

School administrators like his are what is wrong with America today.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana

I agree with Benny, that is a great story. I am glad you won. You had a good dad too.

Terry

Also, in the video, that was the puniest bully I have ever seen.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Cool story suprtek, you stood up for yourself and solved the problem. Pretty neat about having a beer with the old man too. I'd rep you but I guess I'm out for now. IOU 1 rep.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    2enxqjd.jpg

f82ab248-109d-41a8-b1a8-4cb2eaaf8f14.jpg

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I am a school bus driver - special ed.
    A few years ago, I had a child on my bus who didn't talk or bother anyone. (He had issues - Autism?) He was always smiling.

I also had another boy on the bus who liked to "pick on" other students. (Bully) The bully kept picking on the special needs child - for days. One day the special needs boy jumped up, put his hands around the neck of the bully, shook him, and knocked him down. (Yeah!:rockwoot:) (Then he just sat down for the rest of the trip.) The bully NEVER bothered the special needs child - or any other after that.
    Some of my kids are on my bus because of behavior issues, others have physical and/or mental (non violent) issues.

Bully = coward! The ONLY to deal with a bully effectively, is to stand up to him/her. ASAP.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I am a school bus driver - special ed.
    A few years ago, I had a child on my bus who didn't talk or bother anyone. (He had issues - Autism?) He was always smiling.

I also had another boy on the bus who liked to "pick on" other students. (Bully) The bully kept picking on the special needs child - for days. One day the special needs boy jumped up, put his hands around the neck of the bully, shook him, and knocked him down. (Yeah!:rockwoot:) (Then he just sat down for the rest of the trip.) The bully NEVER bothered the special needs child - or any other after that.
    Some of my kids are on my bus because of behavior issues, others have physical and/or mental (non violent) issues.

Bully = coward! The ONLY to deal with a bully effectively, is to stand up to him/her. ASAP.

duditz :D

Top Bottom