• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    The bullet didn't enter at a steep angle. I poked a wire in the hole and it pointed towards 3 houses on a hill near me. I haven't taken the metal off yet. The wire stopped in the board behind the the fascia metal. LE went over to the houses to let them know if they are shooting to be more careful. That is all the wife and I are after. I don't know if I will pull the metal and replace it or just caulk and paint yet. I will retrieve what I can if I pull the metal. Otherwise I will do more damage trying to get to the bullet.

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Here's a simple way to remove said bullet. If the bullet is 1/4 inch, take a 1/2 inch hole saw and drill at the angle it entered. Once you have the core, remove the bullet. Larger bit if you don't want to chance cutting the bullet into two pieces.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I wouldn't bother removing it. I'd either caulk (short term fix), or cover with aluminum bent to fit the fascia (the "right" way), usually in a large "J" shape.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    "Being the biggest crime of the last fifty years, and everybody wanted to
    Get in the newspaper story about it. And they was using up all kinds of
    Cop equipment that they had hanging around the police officer's station.
    They was taking plaster tire tracks, foot prints, dog smelling prints, and
    They took twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles
    And arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each
    One was to be used as evidence against us. Took pictures of the approach,
    The getaway, the northwest corner the southwest corner and that's not to
    Mention the aerial photography."

;)

At least you know you can get anything you want at .......
    ... Except Alice

Nice use of Arlo lyrics though.

Lep36

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    North side

;)

:laugh: Love it! It's been a long time...

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    Hummm. Neighbors complain about you shooting at your range why? Noise? Are they afraid that there will be a stray round hitting their home? Did the exchange between your neighbor get heated? If the last two are true I'm guessing their may be a Hatfield vs McCoy thing going on.

My second guess has already been mentioned. Not only would I have been checking my boys room for holes but also fresh paint and plaster. When I was a child I had a ND that happened in my room late at night / early morn. And even though I was a good kid brought up in a Christian home I was scared $***less to offer the info to my parents that I put a hole through the house. And did not offer any info.

Mom, Dad, and brother slept through the pop of a 9mm going through the wall. I was able to patch up the hole and touch up paint before morn. Nobody was ever the wiser until 5 years later.

With that said if I would have been asked I would not have lied to them, it just took me 5 years after the incident (and after moving out of the house) to work up the nerve to offer the information to them about what happened.

I'm not accusing your boy or anyone in your home of anything, but bc of my experience of what I did if it was me I would handle it by just sitting them (everyone in the home separately) down and ask them if anyone knows what the hole is. Or how a hole got in the home. I would not ask anything like "do you know how a bullet hole got into ..." Bc It might not be a slug at all, but someone in the home may know what it actually is, but like me was just afraid to offer the info in fear of the wrath of dad. Of corse you are the head of the home and can decide how to handle it. I just figured I would offer a first hand insight from the view of a scared kid who had been there before.

Last edited:

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Hummm. Neighbors complain about you shooting at your range why? Noise? Are they afraid that there will be a stray round hitting their home? Did the exchange between your neighbor get heated? If the last two are true I'm guessing their may be a Hatfield vs McCoy thing going on.

My second guess has already been mentioned. Not only would I have been checking my boys room for holes but also fresh paint and plaster. When I was a child I had a ND that happened in my room late at night / early morn. And even though I was a good kid brought up in a Christian home I was scared $***less to offer the info to my parents that I put a hole through the house. And did not offer any info.

Mom, Dad, and brother slept through the pop of a 9mm going through the wall. I was able to patch up the hole and touch up paint before morn. Nobody was ever the wiser until 5 years later.

With that said if I would have been asked I would not have lied to them, it just took me 5 years after the incident (and after moving out of the house) to work up the nerve to offer the information to them about what happened.

I'm not accusing your boy or anyone in your home of anything, but bc of my experience of what I did if it was me I would handle it by just sitting them (everyone in the home separately) down and ask them if anyone knows what the hole is. Or how a hole got in the home. I would not ask anything like "do you know how a bullet hole got into ..." Bc It might not be a slug at all, but someone in the home may know what it actually is, but like me was just afraid to offer the info in fear of the wrath of dad. Of corse you are the head of the home and can decide how to handle it. I just figured I would offer a first hand insight from the view of a scared kid who had been there before.

The neighbor that complains is on the opposite corner of my property.yes he is mad because my backstop is on the property line. I do not believe, nor does LE, that it came from him.
    there is no way the bullet came from inside the house. And my son is 20, and if he wants to shoot he goes over to the other side of the property and shoots.
    My guess is one of the neighbor kids was trying to shoot a bird and missed hitting my house in the process.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Eating dinner last night the wife informs me there is what appears to be a bullet hole in our porch fascia. So, we go out and sure enough there is a nice little hole. He scary part is the elevation was half way between my sons bedroom window and my bedroom window. Wind age was off about a foot from the edge of the windows.

So, I call the PoPo. They are coming out today (I want a paper trail). After I call them the wife asks if that is the best way to deal with it. I advise yes. I think one of the neighbors (hopefully) had an ND, and my house got the worst of it. Depending on what LE says, I will be having a talk with them.

Now the irony. The neighbor on the opposite side of my place has been complaining about my range. He complains and my house gets a bullet hole in it!

I think I've got this figured out...

I saw something like this on TV when I was a kid. Bugs or Daffy or Elmer shot a gun and it went all the way around the world and hit them where they sit...maybe the same thing happened to you, OP only in real life it hit your house instead. :popcorn:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

;)

"Kid, have you rehabilitated yourself?"

Top Bottom