• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    FWIW I have a JA22 (picked it up for $100 OTD while buying another gun) I picked up on a whim.

It took a few hundred rounds for it to work itself out. Could have hit it with some polishing compound and what not, but .22lr is cheap. It's reliable now on the first two mags thru it.

You may just need to break it in more.

Good luck on your sale.

nobletucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I have two JA-9s and one JA-22. Had the same problem(JA-9s). Took the slide off, flipped it over, saw where the slide was rubbing the lower just next to the firing pen. Used a pocket knife and shaved a little off the slide. Boom after boom no problem. Take the slide off you should be able to see what I am talking about assuming you have fired a few rounds. You can also hear the friction if you chamber slowly with the gun to your ear- not pointed at you head of course, and not loaded. Nice little handgun if that fixes your problem, easy fix too. All three fire as fast as you pull the trigger w/o issues.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Well, I already went to town on the inside and made everything nice. That's why I'm assuming it's the clip at this point! That being said, since i put the ad up, I went to town on the clip with a file on the back edges and it cycles near perfect now. Still don't know if it's fixed. Trade pending on his way now, so if it does work great now, his gain!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Thanks esrice! Great guy right there!

I think it maybe the mag. The follower gets stuck in a VERY slightly tilted position and I have to squeeze front and back of the mag and it shoots up. I wonder if it's not been stepped on or squeezed. I can't pull the bottom off and I don't want to mess with the feed lips so I don't know what to do. I'd hate to pay 20 bucks for a new one (if I can find one) just to have the same issues.

I can't seem to find the spot where it's rubbing. I see a few marks but nothing that wouldn't be normal wear. I'll see if I can't get my camera working here in a few and get some pictures up.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom