• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I just finished season 2, this show is awesome!

For those who have never seen it, it is about a high school chemistry teacher that has a pregnant wife and a teenage son with cerebral palsy. He gets diagnosed with stage 3 terminal lung cancer and doesn't have long to live...With the bills piling up, he needs to figure out a way to ensure his family is secure when he goes...

He resorts to cooking crystal meth and finds out he's really, really good at it.

I've never touched that crap, so I can't attest for how accurate the show is, but after season 2 ended I was mad I have to wait so long to see what happens next.:xmad:

This show rocks, check it out.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    I met an electrical inspector n Kentucky who's 24 yr old daughter got hooked on meth, and she was with him the day we met. She was like a mentally slow 10 year old, except she looked like an over forty bar fly that got too much sun, heavily smoked, and her teeth were all gone. One of the saddest things I've ever seen. Ever. All he wanted from me was the inspection fee so he could care for her. He could have cared less about my work.

So this show makes a meth dealer/maker the hero? No thanks. Not ever.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I met an electrical inspector n Kentucky who's 24 yr old daughter got hooked on meth, and she was with him the day we met. She was like a mentally slow 10 year old, except she looked like an over forty bar fly that got too much sun, heavily smoked, and her teeth were all gone. One of the saddest things I've ever seen. Ever. All he wanted from me was the inspection fee so he could care for her. He could have cared less about my work.

So this show makes a meth dealer/maker the hero? No thanks. Not ever.

Uh, when did I say it makes him look like a hero? It does the exact opposite and he hates himself for it, but he is putting his family first.

And if that inspector "could have cared less," that means he did care.:):

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Uh, when did I say it makes him look like a hero? It does the exact opposite and he hates himself for it, but he is putting his family first.

And if that inspector "could have cared less," that means he did care.:):

You didn't say it, but by him "putting his family first" by cooking meth, the show obviously makes him the "hero", or at least the guy you're supposed to root for.

And yes, I technically should have typed "couldn't have cared less", but I used a popular euphemism to express my point, so my point still stands. He was only concerned about supporting his daughter and not his job, which was to protect the public at large by making sure electrical installations were safe. Meth is a scourge to humankind, and to make a show putting it in any kind of sympathetic light still stinks.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    You didn't say it, but by him "putting his family first" by cooking meth, the show obviously makes him the "hero", or at least the guy you're supposed to root for.

And yes, I technically should have typed "couldn't have cared less", but I used a popular euphemism to express my point, so my point still stands. He was only concerned about supporting his daughter and not his job, which was to protect the public at large by making sure electrical installations were safe. Meth is a scourge to humankind, and to make a show putting it in any kind of sympathetic light still stinks.

Nobody is making you watch it, I just said I thought it is a really good show...

I'm pretty sure that there are very few instances where someone was held at gunpoint and forced to become addicted to meth...If you want to ruin your life by becoming a POS meth head then so be it...I have zero sympathy for that guy's "toofless" daughter or anyone else who choses to ruin their life by ingesting chemicals for pleasure.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Great concept, AWESOME actors, but it glorifies the thing I hate worst in life of everything a man could hate: Meth. Folks who make meth should be subject to the horrors of medieval torture practices. I could understand pot, but meth and crack are "manufactured" (crack is technically natural, but requires more steps to make and is horribly addictive), meaning that someone willingly destroys another life for money.

Cranston rules though! I saw the first season, looks like he had a Smith 4506! :D

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    NSFW Language, fair warning....

I'll say this about that.... **** meth, there are few things more horrible than that drug in this world. That **** took my father from me and I'm sure it has ruined many more lives in other circumstances. ANY show glorifying that **** doesn't deserve airtime, but hey, neither does the current POTUS. I'm sorry to hear about the "hero" of the show's circumstances, but many people have made it through worse with some hard work and harder work. Man the **** up, don't sell drugs and ruin more lives.

Sorry for the language folks, I just feel that strongly about meth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I have watched both seasons of the show and really enjoy it. I don't feel it glorifies meth at all. In fact, the show basically documents how he can make some money but the world around him turns to $hit.

The show is really different and for some reason I like it. I think anyone who watches it wouldn't want to go near meth with a 1000 foot stick.

BTW, I agree meth is a bad, bad thing that ruins lives.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I have watched both seasons of the show and really enjoy it. I don't feel it glorifies meth at all. In fact, the show basically documents how he can make some money but the world around him turns to .

The show is really different and for some reason I like it. I think anyone who watches it wouldn't want to go near meth with a 1000 foot stick.

Well, it's entirely possible that the show doesn't necessarily glorify the drug, but even in the worst of circumstances, I don't like hearing how "meth helped him" in some fashion. And another thing, if this show does scare anyone away from that awful ****, then maybe it's worth it. I personally hadn't heard of this show until coming across this thread, but I may have to look into and form my own opinion from the sounds of it. Thank you for your contrasting opinion/clarification, I appreciate it. I try not to get too worked up about people joking about meth or this and that, but sometimes I get a little pissed off and have to vent. Thanks.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Great television show. It's not reality folks.

I have watched both seasons of the show and really enjoy it. I don't feel it glorifies meth at all. In fact, the show basically documents how he can make some money but the world around him turns to .

I agree with all of this. I've never even thought about touching that nasty sh*t, but if I had and then watched this show my mind would change in a hurry.

Sorry to hear about your Dad Daniel.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom