churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Memory's....great memory's
    Never thought of putting a 383 in a CJ-5. Must have been a monster on drive line components. I was never disappointing in any 383 I have owned.

Built a 391 stroker for this piece. Mustang slayer.

65Biscayne.jpg

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    While we are on the engin

This one is reserved for the 6.6 L Pontiac...

78 Trans Am had the low go 403 Olds automatic...swapped in a 400 ram air 3 with 4 speed. Sweet deal. Traded for a very nice 79 TA with olds 403 (marked 6.6 on the scoop) and swapped in a 427 out of a wrecked vette with a 4 speed. Just got it sorted and 2nd wife took it in divorce. Took the gun collection as well. Had to get the gun reference in there to keep it real.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    First rod, 1968 Plymoth RoadRunner, crappy pea green, but it was one with roll up back windows not the pop out ones, had a Mopar buddy find a 383 Interceptor engine and with a bullet proof 727 wrecked the rear end and then the drive shaft then snapped king pins in the rear springs and had to dog walk it home.

Also built a 1970,71,72,73,74 Nova, small blocks, 396's, 427's, 454's then a nice tire roaster 350 powered S10, then a pro mod chevelle, and I went Blue Oval for a while with a 92 GT and pushed it to about 600HP out of the 302, built a K5 blazer on 35's, built a fun buggy on 44's, bought an old 69 long bed pickup and went stealh for a while..

Then I started buying newer stuff, and then quit messing with HP and started playin with guns..

Now drive a Quadcab and am finishing a CJ5 and planning the next rod, a supercharged 2007 Charger SRT8, caged and made into a drifter like the old Team Mopar slider..

Funny I grew up on rock country roads and if you weren't power sliding, now called drifting, you weren't driving fast enough..

Here is to the cars and memories pertaining to cars, Salute..

TJ

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :n00b:Got my "Beginners" permit in 1965. The list of cars is to long to list here. 55/56/57 chevy's
    galore. Mostly small blocks and all sticks except one. New 67 Firebird junior year (Paid myself) totaled in 2 months and bought new 68 Impala S/S convertible with 390 HP 427
    427. It was stolen so next was a 69 Olds 442, traded to a 70 olds W-30 and on it went. A few Mopars in the mix with one Ford. Non of them remained stock for long. It is a disease....
    Worked hard and hustled my butt off for all of them. Bought and sold a lot of cars to fund my hobby/habit of HP and guns. (required gun reference) Novas were a favorite and I raced a few (Drag) Went through the hot rod Harley thing (always had or around bikes as well) and most recently my son and I ran a 2 car bracket race team from 2002 until 2008. 69 camaro BB Super Pro car and a 65 chevy Biscayne small block car in street. Now we are back into guns (2nd required reference) and enjoying it a lot.
    Here is to the male cycle of life.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wish I could afford one in .338 Lapua. Wish there was a place close to shoot one.

Definite gun reference.................BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom