• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    ( I am putting this here, may be the wrong thread but I am not looking for reviews about staff so much as advice, from experience, on who will most likely serve me better)

I am looking to do some trading, this will more then likely leave me feeling some pinch, and not completley satisfied, but I want to get rid of a few guns and pick up a few different ones. Who have you dealt with that has worked you the best deals on trades. and if maybe there is someone better then these two to deal with please let me know.
    but I want some AR-15's and maybe a CZ-75, looking to get rid of some ammo and a few Black rifles of some value that aren't AR's. ( these are better in some ways but If I switch to the AR platform I get modularity, magazine compatability, parts availability, etc.) the ones I will be getting are my babies, and some of my favorites but I have come round and realized the AR is better for now and I can always reaquire these toys in the future.

But back on topic any advice would be welcome and appreciated. also if you know a dealer that keeps in stock a variety of AR's ( I know that is rough right now) especialy a match rifle I would be gratefull.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If you want the best deals, sell or trade your guns here. Both stores have to make a profit, and you will lose selling or trading your gun to them as often as not.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I can tell you exactly how this thread is going to go... Bradis fans will chime in and say that Bradis is the best, while PSS fans will tell you to go to Bob. One camp will try to convince you (and the other posters) that they are "right," and there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth. :crying:

I say go take your guns to both shops and get quotes, then do the deal at whichever place is willing to make you the best deal.

Now, given that I work at Bradis a couple weekends a month, I might be a wee bit biased. But I also know that there are a number of INGOers who work there, and we will make every effort to take care of our own. I also know that as of a couple weeks ago, we were flush with ARs of different types/brands.

I don't have any firsthand knowledge of PSS' operation or inventory, but I doubt you would be treated unfairly there, either.

Good luck, and let us know what new toys you end up with!

If you want the best deals, sell or trade your guns here. Both stores have to make a profit, and you will lose selling or trading your gun to them as often as not.

True that; you'll always get more $$ out of a gun doing a FTF sale than you will trading in to a dealer... ANY dealer.

Last edited:

gfry12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Plainfield
    I haven't shopped for ar type stuff in a couple months but last I check not many stores are taking trades on ar's as they tend to be able to sell for cash rather quickly. I agree with the other guys list them on here get the cash and go shopping. Best of luck either way.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I say go take your guns to both shops and get quotes, then do the deal at whichever place is willing to make you the best deal.

Now, given that I work at Bradis a couple weekends a month, I might be a wee bit biased. But I also know that there are a number of INGOers who work there, and we will make every effort to take care of our own. I also know that as of a couple weeks ago, we were flush with ARs of different types/brands.

I don't have any firsthand knowledge of PSS' operation or inventory, but I doubt you would be treated unfairly there, either.

Good luck, and let us know what new toys you end up with!

True that; you'll always get more $$ out of a gun doing a FTF sale than you will trading in to a dealer... ANY dealer.

How can you argue with that?

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I would suggest that you take the guns to BOTH for quotes. Then list them on here. That way you will make more money and we will spend less money. And besides....if for some reason you do not get your price.....then you still have two quotes to fall back on.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    With no disrespect to either shop, don't trade them in. It is like trading in your car. Sell the gun/guns then buy what you want. This forum, as noted above, is a good and fair place.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Good plan I just don't want to wait, I could take weeks to get them sold If I could get a trade that day I would be happy, but won't trade to poorly to my self I fI wouldn't be happy I would walk

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Good plan I just don't want to wait, I could take weeks to get them sold If I could get a trade that day I would be happy, but won't trade to poorly to my self I fI wouldn't be happy I would walk

Nothing takes weeks to sell here. Most items are sold same day and some within minutes

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Sell/trade them on INGO and price them below what you think they should sell for. You'll sell them quickly and still get more than you would from any gun store in trade. In trade at a gun store, you'd be doing well to get 2/3 the value of the gun.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Those are my two stores to shop with the most frequency.
    I like Bradis for the surplus guns, not so much PSS.

But when it has come to me buying... PSS has always gotten my business. Mostly pistols. When I become interested (have money) in the long gun stuff, it will likely shift to Bradis.

[I just went back and read the replies. Looks like Slacker and my opinions are similar]

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Plainfield is a good shop, will be treated right. Bradis is a great shop, nice supply, wide variety. Plainfield doesnt get much into the less expensive guns or milsurp guns, where Bradis does. Plainfield beats out Bradis in new Glock pricing and general supply of them, but Bradis offers more "affordable" guns and has more ammo supply.

All in all, after working in a shop (AAC), I can tell you that taking a gun to a shop to get loots is a bad idea. Good for the shop and they may cut you a deal, but selling the gun outright at a shop will yield diminishing returns. They simply cant and wont give you what you paid into it. Also, guns are like cars. The instant they go out the door, they have just depreciated. Bear this in mind when you want to "trade in" a gun. I have had people get physically mad because we would not give them the full 300-400 for a gun they paid exactly that for. Dont be one of those. Sell your gun online or to someone you know.

Bradis tended to be a bit less flexible in their trading value than Plainfield. Bob will treat you right (generally, see above) in a trade if he is interested in the gun. Catch Plainfield before a gunshow if you want to trade, they are VERY willing then. Selling the gun to them outright is pretty bad, might as well flush money down the toliet. Bradis has treated me very well and continues to do so. Want an AWESOME deal rather than a great one? Get "in" with the stores, dont be just another face in the crowd.

Bradis would seem to have more traffic, more volume of guns, where Bob would be selling higher end guns, but slightly less of them. All the folks at Bradis are nice, Plainfield is great. Remember that the stores are businesses though. Nice folks, but they NEED to make money to keep the stock up and those nice folks paid. The days of the "ol hardware store" hangouts are sort of gone, visit the shops, but spend a bit of money while you are there. :D

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I have bought and traded at both. I like both, but PSS gives a better deal on a trade. Before I discovered this sight, I had traded about four guns at PSS and three at Bradis. I believe PSS was much better on the trade. Having said this, it is much more profitable to sell here. If you offer a fair price, it will sell quickly and you will make much more than a trade at any gun store. The longest I've had a gun go without a sell or trade here, was about six days, and it was an expensive gun. Check the auction sites and gun stores for a used gun similar to yours, reduce the price by 10-15% from the retail prices and it will sell quickly and you will make 15% or more than if you had traded at a shop. Good luck.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    definitely agree about selling here and not trading...i sold my pt145 today and i got more than any gun shop would have given me. as others have noted, just throw it up here and it will sell. the only ones that dont sell are guns priced so high its laughable. and i have seen some funny ones in my short time here.

Top Bottom