Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It does seem odd for a company to ban the legal posession of what they sell. Its like a tobacconist prohibiting the posession of tobacco products in their stores. Sure, its reasonable to post a "no smoking" sign. But for the guy behind the counter to say "Is that a pack of Marlboros in your shirt pocket? Take them to the car."

While I dont avoid Bradis, Now that USDS is open with an appropriate sign (keep it in your holster, dont be an idiot or you will be asked to leave) They get first crack at my business. If they dont have what I need, Its off to Bradis.

And I agree with others... House rules. They are free to set their rules. If you dont like it dont shop there.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Which employee at B2 did you deal with?

I've never told anyone to leave the shop (B1) for violating our no loaded firearms policy, so long as the gun remained holstered. I can't speak for how the other side of the house is run, but I'm sorry that someone over there chose to deal with the situation in a less than diplomatic manner.

I will be sure to mention this thread to my boss, and to the employee in question.

Not interested in bashing an employee in the thread, but PM inbound.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Sheesh! Even Gander Mountain accepts OC/CC customers without denigration. Very strange behavior for an LGS.

Makes me glad I live in the Fort. Every LGS I have visited here, even the short-tempered ones in New Haven, never mentioned it when I OCed there.

I still prefer doing business at Tomlinsons in Busco. Just good folks up there. But, really, this thread gives me another reason to enjoy life in the Fort. :):

Y'all come on up if you want a great place to live and do business! :ingo: :welcome:

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I'm not arguing with ya Wolfman, but I think that you've lost the right to keep the "I KILL THREADS" signature in your posts.

I'm number 49. :):

Naaaa, I have killed longer ones, and this one is circling the drain pretty fast. Since someone moved the thread, it will probably only make a few more revoultions before it passes into obscurity only to be brought back from the dead by some newbe trying to hit 50 posts.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Yeah, I am armed every time I go in there....never an issue.

Yep it a double standard, I've read it befor and I stay away. Never a problem at Gander other LGS's even pawn shops. Double standard, "no bueno!" I agree with house rules but why am I treated less than the other, this is the issue.

Last edited:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Bradis is my preferred gun shop. I like MOST of the people in there. I will admit, there is one there that I cannot stand. I refuse to deal with him on any sale.

Now, as far as the "no loaded guns" sign. I have never been to a gun shop that didn't have that sign.

Bradis.
    Plainfield Shooting Supplies.
    Premier Arms.
    Crawfordsville gun shop. (Tactical something or whatever)

I always ignore the signs, since I CC anyway.

Gun Shops without no loaded gun signs:

C and C Firearms - Clermont, IN
    Highsmith Guns - Greenfield

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I've never been to Brady's cause its not in my neck of the woods but I remember a recent thread very similar to this one. I think it's awesome that almost everyone in this thread is eating popcorn while there are 5 threads multiple pages long about a COFFEE shop that allows but discourages carry. Where is the outrage? Why is Starbucks held to a higher standard than a gunshop? Where are the boycotts? The nasty letter campaign? This is the INGO gun shop of the year and you can't even carry there?

+1 well said.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom