• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Well, as politicized as the ATF has become, they're really not "any sort of law enforcement", IMHO.
    I know a few line staff at ATF that transferred over. I also delt with them at my time working a shop doing Gunbroker. The issue with ATF as well as a lot of Agencies both Federal and state /large Municiple is they have either appointed administrative leaders or upper level management that want to be appointed as king/queen of something.

Several line staff are into guns and have more than some of us here. I know a SAC that has a whole vault and he takes part in competition shooting all over (and for personal recreation not any sinister plot but people are gonna want to think what they want)

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I work with them fairly often. Oddly enough, they haven't seen that politicized to me. Gun store burglaries, straw purchasers that are feeding violent gangs (odd how 5 guns from different crime scenes with different shooters all tied to one purchaser, what a coincidence!), etc. seems like actual law enforcement to me.
    That's the low-level rank and file folks, not the ones at the head of the agency. Will the low-level rank and file folks still shoot the family pet? Or is that reserved to the higher ups?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I work with them fairly often. Oddly enough, they haven't seen that politicized to me. Gun store burglaries, straw purchasers that are feeding violent gangs (odd how 5 guns from different crime scenes with different shooters all tied to one purchaser, what a coincidence!), etc. seems like actual law enforcement to me.
    Howbout the ATF just stop trying to come up with ways to make felons out of legit law-abiding gun owners.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    That is correct, they are computer searchable now. Still not a registry, for the reasons I've already listed.
    My oldest friend in life scanned 4473's for the Feds onto microfiche,
    for a company in Upper Marlboro, Md over 30 years ago. People are upset over something thats been common place a long time.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Fond memories of Bradis from back when I lived in Indy in the 90's. Guns and weed whackers. Sorry to see them go.

It's people that make the business. When good people leave and clueless people take over, the result is predictable. Oh, well.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    My oldest friend in life scanned 4473's for the Feds onto microfiche,
    for a company in Upper Marlboro, Md over 30 years ago. People are upset over something thats been common place a long time.

Doesn't mean it's anywhere close to being "in the right".

Slippery slope and all of that... lol slopes are hot right now.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Fond memories of Bradis from back when I lived in Indy in the 90's. Guns and weed whackers. Sorry to see them go.

It's people that make the business. When good people leave and clueless people take over, the result is predictable. Oh, well.
    Yeah I remember the mowers and the chainsaws, moved into one of the other buildings when the gun store took the whole building. But that business is gone too now.

I think that whole compound belongs to the same owner(s). But except for the house and the church, and some other business in the back building, it’s getting rather empty.

Something tells me the real estate is getting a bit pricey there.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It’s funny what remains out on the internet.

12 years ago they started a YouTube channel. It’s only got a few videos, but it’s worth looking at them to see what they got.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Doesn't mean it's anywhere close to being "in the right".

Slippery slope and all of that... lol slopes are hot right now.

Of course it's not right, it just shows who bought it and when. Not that you still own it. I was just pointing out it's been done for a long time.
    States like Maryland have a data base of ffl and regulated transfers since 1968 or 1969.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I think the mods even banned someone for saying negative things about them.
    I felt the wrath of "the mob" when I suggested that the original INGO owner was only in it for the money! Lo and behold he sold out to Texkev several years later and was, surprisingly, never heard from again.

I was in Indy Trading Post one day when the original INGO owner and several members of "the mob" walked in, it was quite apparent that ITP didn't meet with their approval. Having worked with the owner for several years I knew he wouldn't bow to their greatness!:lmfao:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I felt the wrath of "the mob" when I suggested that the original INGO owner was only in it for the money! Lo and behold he sold out to Texkev several years later and was, surprisingly, never heard from again.

I was in Indy Trading Post one day when the original INGO owner and several members of "the mob" walked in, it was quite apparent that ITP didn't meet with their approval. Having worked with the owner for several years I knew he wouldn't bow to their greatness!:lmfao:
    ITP is another one I miss.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

yeah, i remember when there was an official INGO event at the gun shop up south of FW. The pressure was on to attend and buy something. If you were one of his sponsors, the mod squad would protect you not matter what.

Top Bottom