• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    https://www.nraila.org/articles/202...QNc-z8Ov4sk1zmcmvvD-h4LahqiS81kJl4dRdg02V9K68

By completely changing course on earlier decisions, BATFE has signaled that it is ready and eager to collaborate with Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and other gun control extremists to infringe on our Second Amendment rights. The NRA will fight these aggressive anti-gun actions on pistol stabilizing braces and Polymer80. Gun owners know elections have consequences. This is why we must all fight to protect the pro-gun Senate majority in the run-off races in Georgia.
    Read the ATF's Notice on Stabilizing Braces here.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

We've seen what they were able to do overnight on nov4.... We are entering a period that our government willfully is taking rights and "fairly winning elections with honesty and a complete absence of fraud or Chinese special interest interference." I'm not convinced the right isn't part of the entire scheme. Team Trump played us, he expanded the Obama executive power grab, divided the right, and enabled the atf to make sweeping changes in favor of gun control. It's a poorly written soap opera written and played by globalist elites.

Freedom isn't free and it isn't protected by politicians that openly court Chinese and Russian companion operatives.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Did anyone else read the ATF's draft letter? It sounds like they are going after some but not all braces at this time. (I know they will get around to all of them eventually). My take is that it sounds like they are going after adjustable braces, bladed braces and those that can use a standard buffer tube for now. There is a lot of "criteria" they say they are going to use to make their determination and if they do as they say those are the ones I see as being on the no go list. It's just my opinion after reading the letter and I could be very wrong.

I did find this passage interesting, even the ATF admits there is a legitimate use for pistol braces.

"ATF was advised by the first manufacturer to submit an arm brace for classification that the intent of the arm brace was to facilitate one-handed firing of the AR15 pistol for those with limited strength or mobility due to a handicap, and to reduce bruising to the forearm when firing with one hand. According to this manufacturer, the brace concept was inspired by the needs of disabled combat veterans who still enjoy recreational shooting but could not reliably control heavy pistols without assistance. Consequently, ATF agrees that there are legitimate uses for certain “stabilizing braces." "

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    After a quick read, the proposed options appear to be register the braced pistol as an SBR, remove the brace and replace the barrel with one 16" or greater, or surrender the firearm. So simply putting it back to pistol configuration is not an option?

This is what I don't understand. If there is no brace, then it's just a pistol....correct? Are they hinting that they are going to ban AR / AK style pistols and that is why a 16" barrel is also required? I wonder if the type of buffer tube would be an issue if kept in pistol configuration?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Did anyone else read the ATF's draft letter? It sounds like they are going after some but not all braces at this time. (I know they will get around to all of them eventually). My take is that it sounds like they are going after adjustable braces, bladed braces and those that can use a standard buffer tube for now. There is a lot of "criteria" they say they are going to use to make their determination and if they do as they say those are the ones I see as being on the no go list. It's just my opinion after reading the letter and I could be very wrong.

I did find this passage interesting, even the ATF admits there is a legitimate use for pistol braces.

"ATF was advised by the first manufacturer to submit an arm brace for classification that the intent of the arm brace was to facilitate one-handed firing of the AR15 pistol for those with limited strength or mobility due to a handicap, and to reduce bruising to the forearm when firing with one hand. According to this manufacturer, the brace concept was inspired by the needs of disabled combat veterans who still enjoy recreational shooting but could not reliably control heavy pistols without assistance. Consequently, ATF agrees that there are legitimate uses for certain “stabilizing braces." "

The letter is sweeping to include caliber, sights etc... So even if they allow a certain brace it basically won't be usable on anything

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    This is what I don't understand. If there is no brace, then it's just a pistol....correct? Are they hinting that they are going to ban AR / AK style pistols and that is why a 16" barrel is also required? I wonder if the type of buffer tube would be an issue if kept in pistol configuration?

I think, if I read this right then removing the brace and destroying it is all that's required to return it pistol configuration depending on the buffer tube attached. Notice the commas, each would be a separate solution.

From the ATF letter:

"Consequently, following issuance of this notice, ATF and DOJ plan to implement a separate process by which current possessors of affected stabilizer-equipped firearms may choose to register such firearms to be compliant with the NFA. As part of that process, ATF plans to expedite processing of these applications, and ATF has been informed that the Attorney General plans retroactively to exempt such firearms from the collection of NFA taxes if they were made or acquired, prior to the publication of this notice, in good faith. This separate process may include the following options: registering the firearm in compliance with the NFA (described above), permanently removing the stabilizing brace from the firearm and disposing of it, replacing the barrel of the firearm (16” or greater for a rifle, or 18” or greater for a shotgun), surrendering the firearm to ATF, or destroying the firearm."

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The letter is sweeping to include caliber, sights etc... So even if they allow a certain brace it basically won't be usable on anything

Maybe but I don't think so. They did stress a caliber that was was to large to be practically shot by one hand, a firearm to heavy to be practicably held by one arm, sights or optics that where the eye relief was not compatible with one handed operation, default point aim when using the brace was too high or too low to accurately hit a target, (from some of the people I see at the range that would cover everything made). The rest covered accessories or the use of brace that could be adjusted to increase length of pull.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I posted this in the Polymer 80 thread but wanted to post it here also.

Firearms Policy Coalition has put out a statement saying that they want to get in touch with anyone who has bought one of the Polymer 80 "buy build shoot" kits and have not finished it. If you or you know someone please reach out to them.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Better flood your congressman emails and phones or you are about to become felons.

Another thing about this braced pistols will drop in price i think at online stores if they are going to require an nfa stamp and gun registration.

Already have, but of course ATF is pushing this BS right before the holiday, timed so the bulk of the (absurdly short) comment period is covered up by the Christmas/New Years vacation. Have fun calling empty offices.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    tenor.gif

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Do you know why the NRA doesn't seem to have been very active in the election? Do you think it's because we've "abandoned" them? Maybe it's that WLP is trying to lay low-profile to stay out of jail. :dunno:

Where were those suckers when we had 6 years of a house, senate, and white house controlled by people they had given tons of money and A+ ratings. Did they ask for anything? No. They just kept mumbling "enforce the existing laws, enforce the existing laws."

:nono:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom