• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jericho941Fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2019
    Boone County
    Somebody want to give a synopsis of what the senator had to say?

Something like, "I love the second amendment, but ... " ???

Essentially yes. He started it out saying he's an avid lifelong hunter and has a life membership to the NRA. Then says that the atf shouldn't just reclassify with a "we know it when we see it" approach, but there was essentially no meat to it.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Yup, basically, he asks for clarification, but doesn't say that he objects to their rule-making.
    .....better than nothing, but pretty weak sauce !

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Just hit me. IF I take the brace off, would I still be in possession of SBR?
    May just say **** it and turn them into rifles.....which may be next on the ban list anyway:dunno:

Bob

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    No, at least not as far as it would go with prior ATF rules, no one has any damn clue of what they are thinking or doing now.

Does anyone know if past rules allowed carbine buffer tubes on pistols?

Then again, as stated earlier, since the ATF refuses to provide clear instructions on how to stay legal.....and seems to be of the mindset "we know it when we see it".....it is possible that anything anyone does to stay legal will be futile.

If we get another scary black rifle ban, then it's all a mute point. And numerous people in the Biden administration are promising just that.

Lacthaus

Baja Blaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Could end up getting charged with the intent to make an SBR or some junk with taking the brace off and still owning it. Hopefully with so many people owning braces now the ATF would just leave it alone.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Could end up getting charged with the intent to make an SBR or some junk with taking the brace off and still owning it. Hopefully with so many people owning braces now the ATF would just leave it alone.

Yeah, I could see them using one to stack charges to make it uncomfortable for somebody already with their butt in a sling criminally. But I dont think they are going to do anything just for mere possession.

Lacthaus

Baja Blaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, I could see them using one to stack charges to make it uncomfortable for somebody already with their butt in a sling criminally. But I dont think they are going to do anything just for mere possession.

I just feel owning AR styled pistols and having spare stocks will make the ATF suspicious of your intentions either way. The scary thing is with how vague the ATF is they could make you an example at any chance they can. You'd only really be in trouble if they catch you doing something stupid and stacking it realistically though.

Top Bottom