• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The shooting was in October 2017. The ATF wrote the notice on the redefinition December 26, 2017. At that time both houses were controlled by Republicans. If we're going to believe that with Republicans in control of both houses of congress that they would override Trump's veto on an issue of importance to Republican voters, I think we'd also have to believe that the President was as incompetent as his detractors claimed. I think the House may have had enough Republicans to side with Democrats on some kind of AWB. But I doubt there would be 60 Senators that would make it filibuster-proof. And I seriously doubt that either the House would have had 2/3s to override a veto.

I think this whole scenario repeated often by ardent Trump supports is not much more than a rationalization of Trump's actions because they don't want to believe that Trump can actually do bad ****. Everything Trump does that's questionable is rationalized as such. But c'mon. It's okay to admit it. You can still be ardent Trump supporters while acknowledging that he did something bad. And this was pretty bad.

There's no guarantee the 10th circuit will overturn it. And if it ever does make it to SCOTUS, which is isn't at all sure, I think Gorsuch, Alito, and Thomas would be solid votes to overturn the bump stop ban. Maybe Kavanauigh, but that's not certain. I have no idea how Barret would rule if she even makes it to the court. I have serious doubts that Roberts would overturn it. So I think we'd have to rely on Barret, Kavanaugh, Gorsuch, Alito, and Thomas to save the legitimate worry about President Harris ordering the BATFE to redefine "machine gun" to enforce a defacto AWB. I think if there's a doubt of which way things would go, the most uncertainty is with the courts, not with the Republican led House and Senate and Trump's veto power.

My research shows the department of justice banned them in December of 2018.

We will never know which of us is right because the only thing that matters going forward is stopping further gun grabs...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My research shows the department of justice banned them in December of 2018.

We will never know which of us is right because the only thing that matters going forward is stopping further gun grabs...

If we're going to say that the congress that mattered was the one that would have otherwise passed an AWB then the one that mattered was the one that was in session when the idea to redefine them as machine guns was concocted. That was in late 2017. That congress had a majority in both houses and the presidency. It defies reason to believe that Trump played it this way to save us. And if he did, he wasn't very competent, having a majority in both houses. Likely an AWB passes Ryan's House. The Senate probably does not have 60 votes to override a filibuster. But if they did, neither the House nor the Senate would likely have had 2/3's majority to override. It's just not a realistic scenario. It's okay to acknowledge the guy you support ****ed up. Surely his supporters do not need to hold an image of him as perfect. But it is what it is now. He did **** up. And we have to hope that the courts do the right thing. At least if it were left to legislators and the President, they do have to listen to their constituents. Justices have no constituents that can hold them accountable.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The shooting was in October 2017. The ATF wrote the notice on the redefinition December 26, 2017. At that time both houses were controlled by Republicans. If we're going to believe that with Republicans in control of both houses of congress that they would override Trump's veto on an issue of importance to Republican voters, I think we'd also have to believe that the President was as incompetent as his detractors claimed. I think the House may have had enough Republicans to side with Democrats on some kind of AWB. But I doubt there would be 60 Senators that would make it filibuster-proof. And I seriously doubt that either the House would have had 2/3s to override a veto.

I think this whole scenario repeated often by ardent Trump supports is not much more than a rationalization of Trump's actions because they don't want to believe that Trump can actually do bad ****. Everything Trump does that's questionable is rationalized as such. But c'mon. It's okay to admit it. You can still be ardent Trump supporters while acknowledging that he did something bad. And this was pretty bad.

There's no guarantee the 10th circuit will overturn it. And if it ever does make it to SCOTUS, which is isn't at all sure, I think Gorsuch, Alito, and Thomas would be solid votes to overturn the bump stop ban. Maybe Kavanauigh, but that's not certain. I have no idea how Barret would rule if she even makes it to the court. I have serious doubts that Roberts would overturn it. So I think we'd have to rely on Barret, Kavanaugh, Gorsuch, Alito, and Thomas to save the legitimate worry about President Harris ordering the BATFE to redefine "machine gun" to enforce a defacto AWB. I think if there's a doubt of which way things would go, the most uncertainty is with the courts, not with the Republican led House and Senate and Trump's veto power.
    If the USSC gets this case it will be because it is a challenge to Chevron not a gun case. That improves the odds a little I think.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If the USSC gets this case it will be because it is a challenge to Chevron not a gun case. That improves the odds a little I think.

Maybe a little. The 10th circuit is only hearing the merits of whether Chevron is applicable or not so that's certainly what the SCOTUS would rule on. I'm not confident they'll take it up. Roberts is a ***** and I think encourages other justices to be *******.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You need to step away for a bit... You're not thinking rational, more like a petulant child.

Those colonists are all like that. They should just shut up and pay the tax if they want to drink the tea.

pigeon.jpg

:coffee:

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The entire rifle/pistol debate is silly.
    It hearkens back to when those were the only choices, and further demonstrates the idea that .gov stifles innovation.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I just saw a video from Q about a cease and desist letter over the Honey Badger. They claim after thousands of them have been sold that they are now reclassifying it as an SBR. Never mind that SB Tactical has an approval letter for the brace. Q has been trying to work with the ATF to resolve the issue and get it changed to be compliant, but the ATF has refused to say why it was reclassified or what they need to do to make it compliant. They have been trying to resolve this since August. The ATF also wanted Q to send in one of their Sugar Weasel pistol which used the SB3 brace. So far they have not sent a letter to the major manufactures yet, but I’m sure if they can set precedence they will be along shortly. To all those thinking “If you want to play in the NFA world just pony up your $200” it will be too late to stop once they continue to erode the 2nd amendment. In my opinion all the NFA is an illegal attempt to chip away at the second. What if the tax stamp was $2000. Would you be as willing to say that then.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I just saw a video from Q about a cease and desist letter over the Honey Badger. They claim after thousands of them have been sold that they are now reclassifying it as an SBR. Never mind that SB Tactical has an approval letter for the brace. Q has been trying to work with the ATF to resolve the issue and get it changed to be compliant, but the ATF has refused to say why it was reclassified or what they need to do to make it compliant. They have been trying to resolve this since August. The ATF also wanted Q to send in one of their Sugar Weasel pistol which used the SB3 brace. So far they have not sent a letter to the major manufactures yet, but I’m sure if they can set precedence they will be along shortly. To all those thinking “If you want to play in the NFA world just pony up your $200” it will be too late to stop once they continue to erode the 2nd amendment. In my opinion all the NFA is an illegal attempt to chip away at the second. What if the tax stamp was $2000. Would you be as willing to say that then.

Everything I transfered before 1986-7 the 200 dollar stamp was a huge deal. It doubled the cost on a Ingram for starters.
    It was a third of the cost of a M16 and on and on..... This tax is nothing new, you want to play you gotta pay.
    How about when a MG was 20 bucks with a 200 dollar tax stamp.... Today the stamp is the cheap part....
    You dont want to pay, change the Federal Laws....

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Everything I transfered before 1986-7 the 200 dollar stamp was a huge deal. It doubled the cost on a Ingram for starters.
    It was a third of the cost of a M16 and on and on..... This tax is nothing new, you want to play you gotta pay.
    How about when a MG was 20 bucks with a 200 dollar tax stamp.... Today the stamp is the cheap part....
    You dont want to pay, change the Federal Laws....

A shining example of Crabs in a Bucket mentality. And complete disregard for liberty.

Disgusting.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Hey, what are you 11 years old.....I'm certainly entitled to my opinion.
    Oh and thanks for the negative rep big tough internet killer guy.......

You're welcome. You richly deserve it.

And whining about how unfair it is that someone in enjoying a firearm freedom when "I hAd To pAY fOr a STaMp!" is a hell of a lot closer to an 11 year old's mentality.

I suppose the founding fathers should have just waited until the laws changed, eh?

You claim to be a Marine? Ok. I like Marines that don't whine on the internet.

You're no friend of liberty. May your chains rest lightly...

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Yea because paying stamps is a new thing... Lol... I served my time thank you...
    Dont like my opinion of abiding by the Federal law until it changed... Too bad...

You're one of the internet killer men here, when are you actually gonna get it started big talker man?
    My guess, just talk coming from you.... Like Charlie Browns teacher... Waa..wann.waaaaaa..... Wooo..wa.....
    Feel free to put me on ignore, if you need help just ask..

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    You're welcome. You richly deserve it.

And whining about how unfair it is that someone in enjoying a firearm freedom when "I hAd To pAY fOr a STaMp!" is a hell of a lot closer to an 11 year old's mentality.

I suppose the founding fathers should have just waited until the laws changed, eh?

You claim to be a Marine? Ok. I like Marines that don't whine on the internet.

You're no friend of liberty. May your chains rest lightly...

Its really simple... If its an SBR, it needs a stamp.... And its an SPR so it needs a stamp... So simple a Sol ******,
    Marine can understand it...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Its really simple... If its an SBR, it needs a stamp.... And its an SPR so it needs a stamp... So simple a Sol ******,
    Marine can understand it...

It's even simpler than that. If the agency that regulates them says that they are legal, hundreds of thousands are legally sold, then the same agency later says they aren't legal, it is a tyranny. It has nothing to do with your boo-hoo and foot stomping about having to pay for tax stamps. Look up the meanings of the words "arbitrary" and "capricous." You'll have to do an internet search, I don't think the definitions are on your box of crayons.

Top Bottom