• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    IMO, the gen 4 s a game changer for Glock. They finally jumped on the backstrap bandwagon, but what a difference it makes.

I LOVE the texture too. Not quite RTF, but not smooth. It's perfect.

I totally agree with you. Gen4 Glocks where the game changer for Glock. I dont use any of the backstraps due to my small hands.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I drank the kool aid and bought a glock 22 yesterday.:D . Hopefully I can take it to the range soon.

Do yourself a favor and get a .357SIG barrel for it. IMO, Glock should just sell one model and ask you which caliber you want, since the barrel is the only difference. (Even the RSA is the same).

With the addition of the SIG barrel, you have the option of a light/fast high-energy (500+) load to compliment the slower, heavier .40SW loads.

Anecdotal evidence from the agencies that have adopted the .357SIG suggest it is earning quite a good reputation for real-world effectiveness. This seems reasonable since the round was intended to duplicated .357Mag performance from a 4" bbl. No one seems to feel the .357Mag incapable at all for self defense.

I would be comfortable carrying a hot (1450fps) .357SIG load @125gr for defense.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Do yourself a favor and get a .357SIG barrel for it. IMO, Glock should just sell one model and ask you which caliber you want, since the barrel is the only difference. (Even the RSA is the same).

With the addition of the SIG barrel, you have the option of a light/fast high-energy (500+) load to compliment the slower, heavier .40SW loads.

Anecdotal evidence from the agencies that have adopted the .357SIG suggest it is earning quite a good reputation for real-world effectiveness. This seems reasonable since the round was intended to duplicated .357Mag performance from a 4" bbl. No one seems to feel the .357Mag incapable at all for self defense.

I would be comfortable carrying a hot (1450fps) .357SIG load @125gr for defense.

How is the recoil on the 357 compared to the 40.
    Also I bought a 22 and I was thinking about getting one of the subcompacts but I am kinda concerned about only being able to get two fingers on the grip. Does this make the gun unmanageable?

SilveradoII

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I got one of the original model 22's and it has been in my saddlebag ever since. Love it. Was going to get a Glock compact for carry but the XD-40 sub compact with the extended mag felt so much better in my fat hand.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County

The difference in the models is the extractor. Also the slides have different densities in different areas like the 20 vs 21 slides. Not noticeable but there are differences.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    How is the recoil on the 357 compared to the 40.
    Also I bought a 22 and I was thinking about getting one of the subcompacts but I am kinda concerned about only being able to get two fingers on the grip. Does this make the gun unmanageable?

Great question. For ME, it makes it less manageable, but definitely not unmanageable. I sold my 27 and got a 23 for this reason, it fits me better and is more manageable for me.
    In 9mm it is different, but with the .40 I like the extra grip.
    I wish I would have shot both (27 and 23) side by side before buying.
    That's my :twocents:, others will feel differently

P.s. for a carry gun I like to stay OEM, so I didn't consider a9mm barrel since the ejector lines up differently. For range/fun that's no prob, for carry that won't quite do. 357sig barrel IS a viable option though.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I like the Glock compacts (19 / 23 / 32), but I have small hands 'cause I'm scrawny, LOL...

Glocks are my favorite gun! No wait, Colt autos are my favorite gun! No wait, FN's are my favorite gun! No wait, Springfield Arms are my favorite gun! No wait, Charter Arms are my favorite gun! No wait, Kel-Tec's are my favorite gun! No wait, H&K's are my favorite gun! No wait...

I guess if I had to actually pick something, I might have to say S&W's, particularly their magnum wheelguns, since that's what I've carried more than anything else over the decades.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Great question. For ME, it makes it less manageable, but definitely not unmanageable. I sold my 27 and got a 23 for this reason, it fits me better and is more manageable for me.
    In 9mm it is different, but with the .40 I like the extra grip.
    I wish I would have shot both (27 and 23) side by side before buying.
    That's my :twocents:, others will feel differently

P.s. for a carry gun I like to stay OEM, so I didn't consider a9mm barrel since the ejector lines up differently. For range/fun that's no prob, for carry that won't quite do. 357sig barrel IS a viable option though.

Thanks I may have to get a 9mm if I get a glock subcompact for the recoil.

pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    FWIW, the 30 has no 'big recoil' issue to me... and the pearce grip extentions eliminate the pinky finger 'problem' some have, or just use the 10 round mags.... But I love it.. coming from shooting 1911's, it's a real smooth operator. Can't complain.

P1090372.jpg

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    Thanks I may have to get a 9mm if I get a glock subcompact for the recoil.

I purchased an X-Grip for my G27 which gives me the grip of a G23 and the ammo capacity as well (use the G23 mags). I even use it in my ankle holster and find its practically just as concealable.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    The difference in the models is the extractor. Also the slides have different densities in different areas like the 20 vs 21 slides. Not noticeable but there are differences.

Sorry I misspoke. I meant they should combine the 22/31 and 23/32 guns with the identical slides.

Clearly the 20/21 need their different, heavier slides or Glock wouldn't spend the money on them.

Top Bottom