• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    They're still working on the purple line I think. I hope they've learned their lessons from the red line so they don't have to redo it in 3 years.
    The pads for the purple line station in front of the fairgrounds have been sitting there untouched for over a year, with barrels closing lanes on 38th that haven't been touched that whole time.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    The pads for the purple line station in front of the fairgrounds have been sitting there untouched for over a year, with barrels closing lanes on 38th that haven't been touched that whole time.
    I do know that utility work is still being completed along the purple line so that could be just different phases of the project. I’ve worked on the utility jobs but not the platform jobs for the purple line.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Meanwhile, they are completely replacing the bus stops on the "Red Line" that they just built three years ago, because of cheap materials used, and the flawed design.

I would guess that whoever was awarded the original contract either had family on the board, or a substantial "donation" was given.

Either way, it's a crooked deal, and the taxpayers are on the hook for it.
    I heard some BNS (what used to be Department of Code Enforcement before someone PCed the damn name) guys talking.. they found code violations at these stops when they first opened and they were brushed under the rug.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Yep, this is what I was expecting and mentioned up thread, but without the right terminology (trigger law).

Just what a politician lives to do... Nothing but make it look like they did.
    But if any part could be enforceable in the future, it's already on the books.

It should not be able to be introduced in today's climate if not enforceable in today's climate.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    But if any part could be enforceable in the future, it's already on the books.

It should not be able to be introduced in today's climate if not enforceable in today's climate.
    That didn't seem to be the case for Roe v Wade related laws. Now that was a court case precedent and not a law (like pre-emption), but those were sitting out there for decades in some cases and were triggered. It cuts both ways.

I'm not saying it's right, just that it's not new.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    That didn't seem to be the case for Roe v Wade related laws. Now that was a court case precedent and not a law (like pre-emption), but those were sitting out there for decades in some cases and were triggered. It cuts both ways.

I'm not saying it's right, just that it's not new.
    It will be interesting to see what occurs in the state courts, as that is where it would begin.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    In the meantime, I will wait with bated breath to see if some politician or entity of state grants permission to me to exercise my natural rights.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I say make the original contractor pay for it. Ill bet lunch the weight of the busses were well documented. Hell, they just had to ask Phoenix. (who also should have warned us about battery life) If the contractor failed to pour pads thick enough to support the weight of known vehicles, its on them.

But an envelope of cash to a city council member would prevent that.

THIS! We either have to believe that a) none of the highly paid (with our tax dollars) experts bothered to ask about the weight and battery life of the busses, b) they were all so incompetent that they failed to see the significance of the numbers they saw, or c) lots of money changed hands, either directly or through "political contributions."

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    If you hire a guy to build a bridge with a 10 ton weight limit, and you drive a 30 ton armored vehicle over it and it collapses, the bridge and the guy who built it did not do you some kind of wrong.

True, but if someone hires you to build a bridge that will hold an M1A1 Abrams, and you build one that will carry only the tank, but not including the fuel, ammo, or crew, then the fault shouldn't be on the ones who hired you.

And that assumes that you didn't actually build one to carry a Sherman, and just pocketed the rest of the money.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I have an Indianapolis address and Carson "represents" :rolleyes: my district. I assure you he does not represent me, and I have never voted for him.
    I find it dishearteningly interesting that while SCOTUS just threw out Alabama's voting districts for gerrymandering, Andre Carson's district runs from the southeast side of Marion county all the way up to the northwest side of the county. I moved from Southport 30 years ago hoping to get away from Julia and her ****** of a grandson is STILL (not) representing Me or Mine in Congress.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Per Guy on the radio this PM: hearing on Wednesday afternoon. He said he was going to be there, I've been looking for an excuse to wear my "Come and Take It" polo.

Tomorrow at 1730. I'm looking forward to a hostile crowd/press. Wait, that's redundant.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    In the meantime, I will wait with bated breath to see if some politician or entity of state grants permission to me to exercise my natural rights.
    I'm enraptured to observe while perusing the postings that you used the proper spelling of "bated breath". The commonly misused spelling, "baited breath", attracts and traps flies, gnats, mosquitoes, and other flying pestilence, which one must then pick out of one's teeth.

Top Bottom