• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aggiedad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    KIngwood
    Check Ebay. I have a pair of Danner Ft Lewis boots issued to me at Eielson AFB Ak. I wore then at -20 and they kept my feet warm. Also look for USMC issue boots I've seen them around $40.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    OP, the question you have to ask is do you want cheap or do you want good. When it comes to footwear, it's been my experience that one cannot have both.
    I've worn out quite a few pair of Rocky boots and though I really loved the way the fit and felt, dropping a hundred plus on a new pair every year seemed expensive.
    I have about 6 pair of Merrell light hikers that have been well worth every penny I've spent on them. One pair isn't even recognizable, (I've beat them like a red headed step child) but they are still waterproof.
    I've got a couple pair of Timberland leather hikers (jury is still out on them)
    For cold/wet winter chores, I have a pair of Wolverines that are OK, but the quality has gone down on them since Walmart took over the brand, and a pair of Columbia's that have the 'Omni Sheild' lining. These by far, are the warmest boots I've ever had. (Not counting the Mickey Mouse boots I was issued in the Army) if you watch the sales, a nice pair can be had for around $60.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Thanks for the input, everyone. I went with cheap. I couldn't see paying over $100 for something that was going to be used for light-duty shoveling and snowblowing a few times a year. If it was something I needed for hard everyday use, I would have been more willing to spend more. I needed to order something from Kmart.com anyway, so I just got these. Men's Winter- Black - Athletech Winter If they're horrible, I'll take them back.

One of my personal "issues" is getting used to the idea of paying good money for good stuff. All my life we couldn't afford nice stuff, so I'm used to making due with Walmart or Goodwill. Now that I can better afford nicer stuff, it's hard to get out of the mindset of always buying the cheapest thing I can.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom