• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MolonLabe7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Muncie
    Currently in the process of my first AR build. The only thing I still need is a bolt carrier group. I am looking into the nickel boron BCGs. Is this the better route to go? Also, any ideas where I can currently find one for a decent price?

HemiWes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2013
    Central IN
    Palmetto state armory has lower build kits with a BCG for $199. You could sell the lpk and stock kit for $100 and get a quality bcg for $99.

HemiWes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2013
    Central IN
    Or here: Ice Arms

It's a 9130 bolt, not carpenter 158 but I've been hearing good things about bolts made from 9130

Edit: it has a 6 month money back garuntee

My bad, didnt even realize you were after nickel boron. They've been showing up much more often lately

Last edited:

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Or here: Ice Arms

It's a 9130 bolt, not carpenter 158 but I've been hearing good things about bolts made from 9130

Edit: it has a 6 month money back garuntee

My bad, didnt even realize you were after nickel boron. They've been showing up much more often lately

Some of the Bolts are made out of 9310, not 9130. JP has been using 9310 in their bolts for a while with good results. From what I gathered, 9310 is just as strong if not stronger then Carpenter 158. The key is if it is hardened correctly and MPI tested. 9310 right now is easier to procure, because with Carpenter 158 you have to order a huge amount so manufacturers are going with 9310 since it is available to be purchased in smaller quantities. I currently have one 9310 bolt right now and I am going to put it through its paces with the rest of my 158 bolts. If you can find a Spike's, BCM, DD, LMT for the right price then I would purchase one of them.

Last edited:

HemiWes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2013
    Central IN
    Some of the Bolts are made out of 9310, not 9130. JP has been using 9310 in their bolts for a while with good results. From what I gathered, 9310 is just as strong if not stronger then Carpenter 158. The key is if it is hardened correctly and MPI tested. 9310 right now is easier to procure, because with Carpenter 158 you have to order a huge amount so manufacturers are going with 9310 since it is available to be purchased in smaller quantities. I currently have one 9310 bolt right now and I am going to put it through its paces with the rest of my 158 bolts. If you can find a Spike's, BCM, DD, LMT for the right price then I would purchase one of them.

Oops didnt realize I put 9130

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    We have Rock River BCG's in stock and we offer Armoloy coating service. Armoloy is a different name brand of Nickle Boron. I personally swear by this method and the coatings are in all of my AR's and even 1 pistol!

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    We have Rock River BCG's in stock and we offer Armoloy coating service. Armoloy is a different name brand of Nickle Boron. I personally swear by this method and the coatings are in all of my AR's and even 1 pistol!

Do you have these in 6.8mm?

Thanks

Top Bottom