• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I suggest learning a bit about it first, but this, Piptoporus betulinus, is a fungus that can be found through out much of the USA and has great antibiotic properties. It was known to many Indian tribes who would make a tea from it. Also, Willow bark is where aspirin originated from and can be used in lieu of. Here is an article about it The Greatest Wilderness Medicine that You can Make
    and a simple google search of "willow bark aspirin" will yield a ton of info about it.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How to carry all the stuff!

:patriot: Just thought I'd give a little advice on how to store and carry all your med stuff. As I've seen here a soft pack is great for one on foot. but for "family size Kit" try a takle box. During my boys BMX racing Years My Wife who is a nurse, packed and carried a kit in a plastic Tackle box. It had adjustable interior storage, and clear plastic covers on both sides, with adjustable storage. The clear side covers were great you didn't have to guess or remeber what you had in there. Get a good one and it will be durable and last a long time. Ours survived over ten years of traveling all over the midwest going to races, and mending banged up racers!

Top Bottom