• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    That looks very nice, think I know where my other baby is headed this spring to get a dent taken care of, and maybe some paint chip touchup...

You spray Dupont Emron also? As far as I remember, that's what's on mine now...

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I could be wrong, but I thought Emron was pretty much outlawed a while back. Way to unfriendly to the enviroment, lots of solids, and the only emron I ever messed with I thought was single stage as well.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    That looks very nice, think I know where my other baby is headed this spring to get a dent taken care of, and maybe some paint chip touchup...

You spray Dupont Emron also? As far as I remember, that's what's on mine now...

Imron is still available. Maybe reformulated some though. I have not sprayed that in years, probably 15 to 20 years.
    Send my a pic of your car/truck though and let me see what you have

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I've got a 1979 Fairmont Futura coupe with a fresh (15 year old) paintjob, garage stored, and just turned over 40k ORIGINAL miles.

Got into a little Wal-Mart incident (truck backed into me while I was sitting in the aisle waiting to park) and got a nasty dent in the rear driver's quarter.

Unfortunately, due to a medical incident, shortly after that I lost my job, so the insurance check for repairs went to rent and utilities instead...

Come tax time, she'll be fixed.

I'll shoot ya a couple pics if I can find them Allen.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Had to search that one. Found it :)

1978-Ford-Fairmont-Futura-Ford-introduces-ad.jpg

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    when it dries you can see orange peel better i think. just use the lights behind you to reflect the paint. if it has the look of an orange peel. then it does not need to be repainted it just needs sanded and buffed. thats what we do to the million dollar motorhomes i paint.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    when it dries you can see orange peel better i think. just use the lights behind you to reflect the paint. if it has the look of an orange peel. then it does not need to be repainted it just needs sanded and buffed. thats what we do to the million dollar motorhomes i paint.

It will not orange peel when it dries,
    Those pics are of it dry :)

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    just curious how do you go about making your high metallic paints not mottle. I got on color at work that is a bitc* to spray. it is gray bronze. i can make it look real nice with a cup gun. but it mottles like hell with the pot gun. i cross coat it with a drop coat and still looks like A$$ so i get my cup gun out and put my last coat on . you got any suggestions

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    use your cup gun...... seriously the pressure pot will put out too much material for some metallic. would really suck to paint a motor home with a cup gun but may be the only way unless you start experimenting with different fluid tips on the pot.

Turn down the internal pot pressure and get a tip that atomizes better would be what I would try first.

Single stage or 2 stage paint?

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    wll here is the kicker. we got 46 minutes to blow of the motorhome, tack it off, pull it in the booth paint our color and bake it for 15 minutes. and these are 45 foot long and we put on 3 coats.
    it is a 2 stage paint. 3 coats of base, 3 coats of clear. on my sata K3 (pot gun ) i have a 1.0 cap, my sata jet 2000 (cup gun ) has a 1.4 cap

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    thats harsh, Have you talked with SATA to see if they have any suggestions?

-Rooster-

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Midwest
    I just wanted to compliment the great work on this car. That color from the factory is outstanding, and now it looks better than new. Allen, you can thank this thread for the quote request you received from me!

Top Bottom