• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    there needs to be an epic blade show picture thread. none of this "i forgot my camera" (even though i did the last time i was there....) crap!

i want product pictures. i want people pictures. i want ice cream pictures. ..... ... ..... it is atlanta.... its hot there.......

a hint:

go shop while either the Hinderer or Emerson lotto is going on! unless you are in those lottos.... then don't........
    go see RJ Martin! cause his knives are bad to the bone, and he always has a ton.
    go see Will Zermeno (early) because he will sell out and you will find no better folder for the money on the face of this planet.
    go see Michael Burch. he makes folders unlike almost anything else!
    Brad Southard. fantastic designs, materials, and craftsmanship!
    Tom Krein. talk to Tom about all things knife. you will be glad you did.
    Find Ken Brock. call him small. call an ambulance.
    Ken Onion! the man who made most of what we consider high end production or midtech what it is today! others have helped, but Onion is probly the BIGGEST one.
    Tom Mayo. probly won't have a table, but he will for sure be stumbling around, drunk as a SKUNK, and making you laugh like your back in high school!
    Go to the Boker table. see the new designs.
    and ZT.
    benchmade, spyderco....
    go find Ken Brock, again, and congradulate him on expecting their next child (not him, his wife).
    Lucas Burnley. talk about detail and clean work!
    Vox. nothing like a tipsy viking.
    Jeremy Horton. dude is a riot!
    Jerry Hossom. again, probly no table, but i will BET you he has somethings to show off. some of the cleaniest grinds ever. and he grinds UPSIDE DOWN!
    find a Simonich dealer. buy one to remeber Rob.
    shake Christines hand, if she is around. classy, solid lady who lost Rob far too early!
    Find Mercop. laugh so hard you pee your pants. then steal a kilt from him to wear.
    tell Mick Strider to get a freaking haircut! dang hippies...... then oogle his wife, who MAKES damascus and her own custom knives!
    find Audra Draper. look at her knives and remeber: that is her life and art. and realize, barely a man in that room can match her for her craft.
    shake Mike Drapers hand. realize, those two, together, are probly the most skilled union of similiar craft, in the entire building.

the list goes on and on.

knives are cool. but the people who you met along the way.... THATS the secret. THATS the pleasure.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Brad posted pics of the Blade show from last year Cubby. Wonder why you did'nt see it? It even had the Chop In contest on it featuring Donavan himself.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Brad posted pics of the Blade show from last year Cubby. Wonder why you did'nt see it? It even had the Chop In contest on it featuring Donavan himself.

i saw them. but brad was the only one! making the poor guy do all the work! those other slackers better get in the game!!! :D

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    i hope! its hard for any one person to see it all! so pictures help. unless you have certian pictures... of certian times.... and certian people....... then pictures can be very, very bad.... ;)

Top Bottom