• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canebreaker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    The first black slave owner in America was a black prince in the far reaches of GA. His dad, the king of an African nation gifted him 40 slaves to build his new world. At the time most slaves/servants came from England as servitudes. Most weren't well after mistreatment in England. Other land owner, governors at the time for England wanted better workers. They saw how well the black slaves worked and better condition than the white slaves.
    My mom's side came here in servitude. The only record of our family. He couldn't pay the 3 pence tax on the land he worked, received 10 lashes. Second year, 25 lashes. Third year, sold for the 9 pence he owed.
    My grandma on my dad's side was full blooded Choctaw. Greenwood LeFlore sold his people out in 1830. Their nation became part of the USA. It also provided that Choctaw who chose to stay in Mississippi would have reserved lands, but Greenwood failed to follow through on this provision.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The first black slave owner in America was a black prince in the far reaches of GA. His dad, the king of an African nation gifted him 40 slaves to build his new world. At the time most slaves/servants came from England as servitudes. Most weren't well after mistreatment in England. Other land owner, governors at the time for England wanted better workers. They saw how well the black slaves worked and better condition than the white slaves.
    My mom's side came here in servitude. The only record of our family. He couldn't pay the 3 pence tax on the land he worked, received 10 lashes. Second year, 25 lashes. Third year, sold for the 9 pence he owed.
    My grandma on my dad's side was full blooded Choctaw. Greenwood LeFlore sold his people out in 1830. Their nation became part of the USA. It also provided that Choctaw who chose to stay in Mississippi would have reserved lands, but Greenwood failed to follow through on this provision.
    Yeah, ok.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    People rarely do when they can’t keep on with their nonsense without be challenged. But hey, there’s always tomorrow.
    I think most people know that slavery was bad. Black and white were guilty. Reparations don't need to happen. All this other BS is just arguing to be arguing. I'm not innocent of poking the bear as well as others here.
    Plus you started talking about hookers, pimps and johns. That needs a thread of it's own. :cool:

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    That's BS it was you all that claimed it as all encompassing. You were the ones that started that by misunderstanding the article if you read it. That's why I put it up so all could read it and do their own math which the professor is still 100% correct about.
    From my very first post in this thread I said you cannot compare 1 city to the entire country. You then argued it, told me the professor is right, claimed i didnt read it. This entire thread is filled with the number 28% being compared to 1.4% or whatever it was. The article is written so that one reads it as "freed black slaves were more likely to own slaves than whites". If it was just about freed black slaves in new orleans you would compare them to the number of white slave owners in new orleans.

You're now grasping at straws.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    From my very first post in this thread I said you cannot compare 1 city to the entire country. You then argued it, told me the professor is right, claimed i didnt read it. This entire thread is filled with the number 28% being compared to 1.4% or whatever it was. The article is written so that one reads it as "freed black slaves were more likely to own slaves than whites". If it was just about freed black slaves in new orleans you would compare them to the number of white slave owners in new orleans.

You're now grasping at straws.
    I argued that his math is correct you said it wasn't. At least thats what I gathered. Obviously we totally misunderstood each other. However, I think we are all on the same page now since Jamil got everyone in line so to speak. As he said we were arguing over nothing and both were saying the same thing just slightly different. Anyway let's move on and accept the fact reparations cannot be done it isn't fair for all concerned. Also where does it stop? I read and wish I could find the link that they are asking for 20 trillion dollars in reparations.
    For all none black Americans which includes White, Latino, Asian, American Indians etc that would equal out to around $70,000 per man woman and child, and no one has owned a slave since 1865 or there abouts legally in the United States.

Is slavery wrong yes it is, and it was taken care of by Republicans, and those who dispised slavery. Hundreds of thousands died and at least 2x or more that number wounded trying to stop slavery. The Majority were white men fighting white men who wanted to keep the status quo. IMO those loses of life and limb paid for any and all reparations of those who fought for freedom.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I think most people know that slavery was bad. Black and white were guilty. Reparations don't need to happen. All this other BS is just arguing to be arguing. I'm not innocent of poking the bear as well as others here.
    Plus you started talking about hookers, pimps and johns. That needs a thread of it's own. :cool:
    Different types of slavery, different times, different places, different cultures, different rules, each unique but one of the most profitable of businesses.

Top Bottom