Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I try to teach my kids to avoid situations that have high risk/low reward. There’s no point in going to an area like that, especially when the mayors are on the side of the rioters. Even if you do have to legally defend yourself, the mayors will scream for your head. Stay home and protect our homestead and our family, then if you defend yourself there’s no question to the legality of it.

Some people run towards the fire to help others.

This young man was there cleaning up graffiti and helping guard a car dealership.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ya I wouldn’t let my kid go to a riot, armed or not. But, I love my kids, and wouldn’t be able to live with myself if something happened to them when they were there. If this kid turned his back for a split second it’s likely the Glock guy would’ve won that fight, so he’s really lucky in that aspect.

What if it was a quiet riot? ;)

[video=youtube;kMEz4cFMlZE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMEz4cFMlZE[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sadly he has more than enough money to live a posh life and then some.

This is how thinking primarily in terms of racial identity complicates things. Lebron has a lot more in common with rich people of any race than he does with a Black man like Blake, who might be likely to find himself on the wrong end of a police man's pistol.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Some people run towards the fire to help others.

This young man was there cleaning up graffiti and helping guard a car dealership.

Yep. I think it’s great that people do, and you may teach your kids to be that person. I teach mine to avoid situations that are full of lawless behavior likely to end in your own injury or someone else’s. Nothing good to come of it. Protect your home and your family before going and protecting other people’s communities.

Not saying I’m right, not saying you’re right, just saying we all have different opinions and ways to teach our children... that’s the route I chose to teach mine.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I have to say that I like the skateboard shoot. Bill & Ted's excellent shredder adventure results in a one-way pass to the Beyond.
    It's about time one of those punks that like to use their skateboards as a bludgeoning weapon paid the price. Take notice.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    He didn't protect property with deadly force. He did protect his own life with deadly force.
    Winner. None of the three that were shot were shot because they were destroying property.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Today I am carrying a pistol but I am otherwise unarmed and I am mostly peaceful!

I forgot about my knife my tactical flashlight my tactical pen and of course my keys but other than that I am mostly unarmed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Stuff isn't worth defending with deadly force. People are. Was his aim to protect people or stuff?

According to him in an interview prior to the shooting, he said that his "job was to protect this business" referring to the lot, and to help people, because he had some medical training and a med kit. He said that's why he has his rifle, to protect himself while doing those things. He did render aid to protestors who were hurt earlier in the night. He said it was his job to protect the business, but it's unclear whether he was hired to do it, asked to do it, or just took it upon himself to do it. There were other armed people there with him. It's unclear if he was part of a larger group of volunteers, and that business was just the lot he drew, or if he just decided to protect that one. Notice there's a lot of unclear facts yet to discover.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Apparently he was initially there cleaning up graffiti. Maybe he stuck around for the show later.

I'd say that he did help clean up graffiti...that this is the reason he went there to begin with...less clear. Regardless, my point is not that he is an evil person. I've no reason to think that. Rather, he went there armed, it seems, to protect property (a business is property..and it was empty and boarded up). We'll see how this plays out, but it looks like a LARP situation to me.

Didn't work out that well for him...worse for others.

Hands raised if you have grabbed your AR and headed to a town that is not your own to stand guard over store fronts...not people. Why not?

We have a tendency to evaluate the shoot-don't shoot scenario and then decide that if we think the shoot is good...everything else that led to it should be defended. I am urging that we engage in a thought process to see whether the decisions along the way were sound because in the end, 2 people are dead, and third injured...and if you don't care about that, this young man's life is upended. Was it worth it for him to leave Antioch and insert himself?

Top Bottom