• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    I've been seeing a lot of then going up locally. Me personally, my neighbors and most friends have the same political leanings and beliefs, some more so than others.

I'm not really one that wants to advertise to strangers driving down my road and seeing one flying on my flagpole and know what my politics are. I don't want some fruitcake getting their panties in a wad and taking their frustrations on my home or family.

Thoughts?

CitizenX

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Tippecanoe
    From Internet: This term is used in such expressions as “to give no quarter” or “cry quarter”; in regard to hostilities by land, sea or air, denial of quarter means refusing to spare the life of anybody, even of persons manifestly unable to defend themselves or who clearly express their intention to surrender.
    a.k.a Never let your enemy live to fight another day.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I prefer not to stand out or advertise my positions. No political signs, NRA stickers, MAGA hats, etc. Fading into the background, I am less likely to be noticed or attacked.
    Additionally, one cannot know how another would interpret the black flag.

This right here ^^^!!!

Good on those that boldly advertise their position. I'm not one of them though.

There are nut jobs everywhere, with nothing to lose by harming others. (Just look in Chicago right now.)
    Not gonna be a target or go to prison for defending me and mine.

:shoot:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    My neighbor, cattycornered across the road flys a Gadsden flag. I chuckle to myself, knowing the trouble will be their way instead of mine.
    They are a measured 100 yards away. :D
    Neighborly tip, Google Earth and it's measuring tool is an excellent method of laying out zones of fire.

Makes it easier to understand your drop and known landmarks. It is amazing how things in your day-to-day AO are further away than you realize.

Heard it from a friend...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Neighborly tip, Google Earth and it's measuring tool is an excellent method of laying out zones of fire.

Makes it easier to understand your drop and known landmarks. It is amazing how things in your day-to-day AO are further away than you realize.

That's good advice. I just used a laser rangefinder.

I figure whatever heathens might attack my neighbors, they won't be expecting me to flank them from the cover of my decks.

Last edited:

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City

I've used Beacon-Schneider GIS maps for measuring distance too. Has a very good measurement tool plus it shows property lines too.

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific

“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”

Maybe the writer was Messican... the bugle call at The Alamo is called "El Degüello". "Degüello" is a Spanish noun from the verb "degollar" to describe the action of throat-slitting. But in Santa Anna's time it was a red and black flag..

It's not the tune Billy Bob Thorton harmonized to with his fiddle.

Top Bottom