Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    :ugh:

Jesus. Forget it. Some people are so hell bent on doing anything to disrupt the place they can’t accept the issues people may raise. I might still lurk around and read posts, but I’m done posting for a long while. This shouldn’t be this difficult. That was the draw to ingo for me. A quiet corner of the internet that everyone was respectful and discussed issues in the country.

I’m out. Good luck.
    Bet you'll be back.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I find it amazing what some people take issue with, when it comes from an different view, and yet are struck blind when it comes from a view they are sympathetic to.
    You mean like being more accepting of Trump deciding bump stocks aren't the hill he wanted to die on than we are of Biden wanting to outlaw or at least make an NFA item out of any firearm this side of the Spanish-American war and regulate the hell out of anything left?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You mean like being more accepting of Trump deciding bump stocks aren't the hill he wanted to die on than we are of Biden wanting to outlaw or at least make an NFA item out of any firearm this side of the Spanish-American war and regulate the hell out of anything left?
    Every hill should be a hill we’re willing to die on, concern the 2A. Incremental loss of rights still leads to ultimate disarmament. Slow or fast death, what’s your preference?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yet you voted for the guy who is trying his best to make guns categorically illegal.
    While I don’t agree that he’s “trying his best,” it’s certainly a drawback and gave me pause before I voted for him. Ultimately, I viewed Trump as the bigger threat to the overall liberty of the nation. He was a populist, and people that support populists rarely care about the rights of others, as long as their own agenda is being satisfied.
    The mistake that Trumpers often make, is that Biden voters support him anywhere near approaching the rabid love that Trump supporters heap on Don.

Who do YOU think has the more loyal supporters, Trump or Biden?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    While I don’t agree that he’s “trying his best,” it’s certainly a drawback and gave me pause before I voted for him. Ultimately, I viewed Trump as the bigger threat to the overall liberty of the nation. He was a populist, and people that support populists rarely care about the rights of others, as long as their own agenda is being satisfied.
    The mistake that Trumpers often make, is that Biden voters support him anywhere near approaching the rabid love that Trump supporters heap on Don.

Pure foolishness.

I have never been a fan of Trump. Then again, I would be hard pressed to find a politician in the central state of whom I am a fan.

Clearly, the electoral votes from Indiana were going to go for the Republican party. That was never in doubt. Yet your so called "vote against the Republican candidate" was a vote cast for a candidate who made his position on the natural right of defense, along with large centralized government, very clear.

I did not vote for the Republican candidate choosing instead to cast my vote for the Libertarian candidate.

Neither had a chance of getting the Indiana electoral votes. But from a position of individual liberty, the two are night and day.

Say what you will. You voted for it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I find it amazing what some people take issue with, when it comes from an different view, and yet are struck blind when it comes from a view they are sympathetic to.
    I tried to make this point and it got drowned out in a chorus of "you just want an echo chamber".

This question has nothing to do with religion*

Would you want to go to church and have those that do not believe what you believe naysay during every service when the like minded believers are trying to discuss? While this is not obviously not a church it is a place where like minded gun owners gather to discuss issues and guns. These like minded gun people are bombarded with lefty BS all day and generally just want to discuss the topic from a conservative point of view. But, they even get bombarded with lefty BS even here.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I tried to make this point and it got drowned out in a chorus of "you just want an echo chamber".

This question has nothing to do with religion*

Would you want to go to church and have those that do not believe what you believe naysay during every service when the like minded believers are trying to discuss? While this is not obviously not a church it is a place where like minded gun owners gather to discuss issues and guns. These like minded gun people are bombarded with lefty BS all day and generally just want to discuss the topic from a conservative point of view. But, they even get bombarded with lefty BS even here.
    If, being a Catholic, you see a sign that says “Baptist Church,” walk into said church and begin extolling the virtues of Catholicism, you be wrong for doing so.
    -Now-
    If being a Catholic, you see a sign that says “Religious Church,” and walk in to said church, and begin extolling the virtues of Catholicism, you are not in the wrong. The sign is clear in whom it welcomes.

Do me a favor, and tell me what the name of this forum is.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If, being a Catholic, you see a sign that says “Baptist Church,” walk into said church and begin extolling the virtues of Catholicism, you be wrong for doing so.
    -Now-
    If being a Catholic, you see a sign that says “Religious Church,” and walk in to said church, and begin extolling the virtues of Catholicism, you are not in the wrong. The sign is clear in whom it welcomes.

Do me a favor, and tell me what the name of this forum is.
    iu

It's Indiana Gunowners. So your analogy really doesn't work the way you think it does. If Indiana Gunowners are the Baptists, then voting for and showing support for an avowed anti-2A candidate kinda makes you the Catholic in your example.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    iu

It's Indiana Gunowners. So your analogy really doesn't work the way you think it does. If Indiana Gunowners are the Baptists, then voting for and showing support for an avowed anti-2A candidate kinda makes you the Catholic in your example.
    Yeah, no. Being a gun owner doesn’t make one a 2A purist, or even 2A supporter, as you are seeming to imply.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was in a Bizarro world today.
    A bunch of maintenance guys were talking, and EVERYONE was hammering on Pres. Biden.
    Taking him apart.
    Then, it was brought up, he was just to get Harris in to Pres. And everyone HATED that.
    There were 3 "races" in the group, and EVERYONE was saying the same thing.
    And they don't think Pres. Biden can make it half way through his term. Though they did listen when I said that the Dem party probably wants Pres. Biden to make it through half way, so that Harris could finish the term AND two more full terms.
    And, one of the guys said the unimaginable, "Trump was an *******, but he was better".

:faint:

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I would say Trumps taxes are irrelevant. Obama’s school transcripts are irrelevant. Biden’s dealings in Ukrain is potentially illegal and should have beel investigated seriously. Also it would kinda be nice to see Hunter Biden prosecuted for diddling his underage relatives.

You asked for examples, you got some.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    This isn't quite true. It applies to criminal law but just stop and think of the things we do that require affirmative proof in advance including the exercise of rights. Pink cards would be a good example.

I was required to provide more affirmative proof of identity, citizenship, and integrity to drive a truck than Obama was to be president. There is a serious problem with that.
    It applies to more than criminal law, it applies to civil law as well. If someone were to sue a candidate to release their BC that would be a civil action, and as such they would be required to show evidence that the candidate did not possess one.

Do you agree with the requirement to have a pink card? I don't.

Isn't driving considered a privileged? Also haven't laws been passed regulating said privilege? Have any laws been passed requiring the showing of a birth certificate?
    Nope, WTF can you get from the government without ID? The only thing that comes to mind is a vote.
    Well you don't get elected to be President by the govt to start.
    So, when the officer initiating a traffic stop asks for proof of insurance, it's up to him to prove you don't if you fail to show that proof? Who knew?

I thought they just charged you with being uninsured and it was up to the accused to prove they were innocent of that charge (via presenting needed documentation in court, no less). And that happens - in America! - every ****ing day. So, an exception to 'how everything else is treated in the US' that disproves where I think you want to go with this

Or, why do you - a (presumed) American - need a passport (which you have to show a birth certificate to obtain)? Shouldn't they just take your word that you're an American citizen? Is it incumbent on them to prove you're not in order to deny you re-entry?

Your argument is only slightly better than 'Does it say in the constitution that a presidential candidate has to show a birth certificate?' and I'm being generous with that descriptor
    In Indiana not showing proof of insurance at a traffic stop isn't grounds to be issued a ticket for having no insurance, the officer is required to have probable cause independent of not showing proof of insurance. Also as I stated above, driving is considered a privilege granted by the govt.

Does the govt have the authority to control who enters the country? Have they passed laws regarding how to enter the country? Have they passed any laws requiring Presidential candidates to show birth certificates? They have passed other laws regarding the candidates, financial disclosure of their campaigns, what the campaigns have spent money on, who they can accept donations from, disclosure of contributors, etc. But nothing about birth certificates/college records/tax returns/etc.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Who do YOU think has the more loyal supporters, Trump or Biden?
    I'll bite. You're right. I don't necessarily care about the rights of others (as defined by by Democrats).

Foreign nationals do not have a right to enter this country.

Dead people do not have a right to vote.

Psychologically defective perverts do not have a right to drive girls/women out if girls'/women's sports, or to invade their restrooms.

No one has a right to other people's property.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'll bite. You're right. I don't necessarily care about the rights of others (as defined by by Democrats).

Foreign nationals do not have a right to enter this country.

Dead people do not have a right to vote.

Psychologically defective perverts do not have a right to drive girls/women out if girls'/women's sports, or to invade their restrooms.

No one has a right to other people's property.
    ...and there’s nothing in that list I disagree with.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    iu

It's Indiana Gunowners. So your analogy really doesn't work the way you think it does. If Indiana Gunowners are the Baptists, then voting for and showing support for an avowed anti-2A candidate kinda makes you the Catholic [Satanist] in your example.
    Fixy

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom