• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I was not happy with this Russian optic even though it had good online reviews. I want to replace it with something quality that has a low profile without going to a RMR
    Suggestions?

Talking about the one on the top

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The Aimpoint Micro is currently the best sight for an AK, no question about it. Either get an RS Regulate mount for the side rail, or an Ultimak rail and qd mount. If you want to be able to see your irons through the optic, you'll either need a BOBRO, A.R.M.S. #31, or a factory LRP with the spacer removed.

Last edited:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    And btw, those are some pretty bad ass AKS74U's :drool: Who built them?

Also, which optic is that? Pilade (I think I said that right)? If you want to stick with a Ruskie type optic, the PK-01V is fantastic. It sits low and centered over the bore, is reliable, and built like a tank. But I really prefer the Aimpoint Micro over it, solely due to weight.

Last edited:

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    And btw, those are some pretty bad ass AKS74U's :drool: Who built them?

Also, which optic is that? Pilade (I think I said that right)? If you want to stick with a Ruskie type optic, the PK-01V is fantastic. It sits low and centered over the bore, is reliable, and built like a tank. But I really prefer the Aimpoint Micro over it, solely due to weight.

Thanks,
    A buddy and I built them I did the cutting and threading and he has the AK tools and head space gauges.

I dont remember the brand on the one in the pic and i don't have it in front of me. The only real problem I have with it is I can see a reflection of the circuit board in the window. and if I found one that sat a little lower that would be nice too

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Thanks,
    You guys have offered up some good suggestions. I am just busier then a ...well whatever. So I have not had time to follow up

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Arms Unlimited has been running sales on the Aimpoint Micros here recently. H-1 for $500, T-1 for $570, and the T-2 for $625. I picked up a T-2 for my WASR and it's been amazing.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I would have recommended an rmr.... But had issues with mine. Which sucks for how expensive they are.... Still am a strong believer in aimpoints t1 /t2

Grease

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Dirty south
    Have you looked at the Bushnell TRS-25? They run about $100 new and have a very low mount making it real easy to do-witness on an AK or shotgun.

i had a hard time finding an affordable RDS that had a good quality. Ended up getting this rds and putting it on FN SLP, now I am not one to usually put a cheap rds on an expensive gun but, this one is a damn good value and quality.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom