untitled-ar2.bmp.jpg

Last edited:

Apokalypsi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Speedway
    Why the heck is it so hard for companies to come up with decent-looking logos these days? :dunno:
    Because they don't have me designing it. :D

Seriously though, I do agree. The whole initial thing has been done before and there are plenty of good graphic designers out there for this reason.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I like it, if they do a run with the INGO logo, or INGO serial numbers like Calvary arms was going to do. I'm in for at least one, maybe two for a group buy. Maybe one otherwise anyways.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The whole initial thing has been done before

It's not the use of the initials that gets me, it's the font and arrangement. The "DM" in Old English looks like it should be made of diamond-encrusted platinum and hanging around some rapper's neck... :dunno:

But then, they didn't ask me. Neither did Stag, DPMS, Oly, or any of the other companies with silly logos.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    It's not the use of the initials that gets me, it's the font and arrangement. The "DM" in Old English looks like it should be made of diamond-encrusted platinum and hanging around some rapper's neck... :dunno:

Funny stuff that is.

i agree.... its MY gun, i dont want some silly looking english lettering on it....

Yup must also agree. A 'no name' brand with a big logo carved in the side does not make me want to part with my cash.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    That is the worst lower engraving design I've ever seen. I'd pay extra to NOT have a DM that looks like a BM (if you know what I mean). I hope that the makers of the DM lower aren't too proud to be open to changing their logo.

I'm with shooter, it looks like something someone of questionable character would bling out and wear around their neck.

All things equal, I'd like a lower from an Indiana based company... but are things really that equal? In the market of competition, I'd take the best made lower for the lowest possible dollar.

I do not care for "extras" like a plastic box over a cardboard one. They get thrown out when I build the rifle. Cardboard should protect the lower just as well as plastic. Cardboard, I imagine, would be considerably cheaper. If they are worried about the price of the lower, why not use cardboard?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I do not care for "extras" like a plastic box over a cardboard one. They get thrown out when I build the rifle. Cardboard should protect the lower just as well as plastic. Cardboard, I imagine, would be considerably cheaper. If they are worried about the price of the lower, why not use cardboard?
    The box seems like a total waste. Its garbage that doesn't compost. The concept of a protective box is to be used to store the item safely but the concept of an AR15 stripped lower is to build a rifle that would be used, once you build it up it won't fit in the box! So now you have a box, well boxes are good but they come with cigars, shoes and all sorts of other goods. I see no value in the box and really its just a waste of money. Ship it in bubble wrap and save a buck.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    That is the worst lower engraving design I've ever seen. I'd pay extra to NOT have a DM that looks like a BM (if you know what I mean). I hope that the makers of the DM lower aren't too proud to be open to changing their logo.

I'm with shooter, it looks like something someone of questionable character would bling out and wear around their neck.

All things equal, I'd like a lower from an Indiana based company... but are things really that equal? In the market of competition, I'd take the best made lower for the lowest possible dollar.

I bet the plastic boxes cost pennies, so don't think they are causing too much extra cost.

I bet these guys will come out with a bunch of logo/engraving options.

I sure hope they can engrave Mitch Daniels picture on there ;)

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I put the post in question in the abyss that is deletion....

...that post was so inflammatory and vocal, it would have probably turned this thread even more into an undesirable direction. I deleted it so as to keep the thread on-track.

Top Bottom