• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    LEO was awesome. those kids annoyed the **** out of me.
    ^this. Those kids would not shut up about their rights. You are not protected by the 4th amendment from someone asking permission for ID or searches. That officer was 10x more patient than I would have been.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    ^this. Those kids would not shut up about their rights. You are not protected by the 4th amendment from someone asking permission for ID or searches. That officer was 10x more patient than I would have been.

He had to be patient, he had no reason to detain them, God I hope you are not a cop if you though he was being to patient

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    He had to be patient, he had no reason to detain them, God I hope you are not a cop if you though he was being to patient
    I didn't say too patient, just more patient than I would be. And my lack of patience wouldn't cause me to detain them, it would cause me to leave instead of wasting my time.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I was surprised he did not jut leave after a few minutes.....

I have no issue with cops wanting to see my pistol and or runing the serial on it.... Why? Because if one of mine is stolen and gets sold a few times and say a law abiding citizen now has it and the cop runs the serial number and finds out its stolen then I get my gun back..... Yes the odds are low but still there.

Asking for ID is obvious, I knew a guy that was rear ended.... Cop ran both persons ID and his came back for a traffic warrant......

if a cop stops me he has no idea if I am a criminal or a law a binging citizen... They have procedures to find out I I am or not.... Saying they should assume all people are law abiding is a load of donkey dung.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Video has made its rounds - that officer did a very nice job maintaining the consensual nature of the encounter and probably would have left if the group had decided to end it.

I was surprised he did not jut leave after a few minutes.....

I have no issue with cops wanting to see my pistol and or runing the serial on it.... Why? Because if one of mine is stolen and gets sold a few times and say a law abiding citizen now has it and the cop runs the serial number and finds out its stolen then I get my gun back..... Yes the odds are low but still there.

Do you have issue with them coming into your home and checking all your stuff as well? How about random body cavity searches?
    Not sure where you draw the line on waiving your rights, but I'll maintain all of mine.

Asking for ID is obvious...

They can ask anything they like as long as they're prepared to drop it if I choose not to comply with their request.

if a cop stops me he has no idea if I am a criminal or a law a binging citizen... They have procedures to find out I I am or not.... Saying they should assume all people are law abiding is a load of donkey dung.

They don't have to assume anything, but without reasonable suspicion or probable cause, they lack the authority to deal with me as they would a criminal.

Are there any rights you are willing to assert and defend, or would you waive them all?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    If an officer wants to run my I'd and serial number I am fine with that as long as I am then free to go once he or she finds I'm I'm clean. It's that or wasting 30 minutes of my time.... I'd rather only loose a few minutes then 30.

I work the east side..... I have bit better understanding of how the cops look at things then the people working in a nice office in fishers.

I live in a low crime part of the city. Cops don't come knocking on doors wanting your guns or to search you.... If they are its because you have a meth lab. Even on the east side I don't see cops going door to door.

when I am out and about I'm with my family and small kids. I'd rather be friendly end be able to move on quickly and not have inpatient kids and maybe in the future the cop will get a call on me and see its me and just keep on driving because he remembers that I did not give them a hard time....

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Ask for ID is fine.....run the serial numbers.....nope, gun staying in holster where its the safest, I don't have to handle it, and the LEO who I do not know sure isn't going to play around with it, and not likely the officer is going to let me take it out and unload it myself. Stays in holster.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom