• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Picked up a bottle of Old GrandDad at the recommendation of a friend. This one is bonded and under $30. I’ll say I have had $40+ bottles that tasted worse than this. It has a higher rye content and you can taste the spice on the back end. But it’s smooth and drinks like a much more expensive Bourbon. I paid $27.99 at Meijer but I have seen it much lower online. I would definitely recommend adding a bottle to your cabinet.

IMG_1447.jpeg

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Weller.jpg

I picked this up earlier this week. $28.00. I've been asking for this jokingly for about five (5) years now and I just saw it sitting on the shelf.

Now that I have it I'm afraid to drink it... I don't want to not have it for another many years to come.

We'll see. I'm thinking of opening it when I have finally found a new job. Celebration and all.

Regards,

Doug

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    View attachment 356223

I picked this up earlier this week. $28.00. I've been asking for this jokingly for about five (5) years now and I just saw it sitting on the shelf.

Now that I have it I'm afraid to drink it... I don't want to not have it for another many years to come.

We'll see. I'm thinking of opening it when I have finally found a new job. Celebration and all.

Regards,

Doug
    You can find it in OH better that KY. I use OHLQ in OH. Hope that helps, now, crack that baby open and enjoy!

glank09

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    Wife and I spent just got home after 4 days down in Kentucky. Couldn't afford to bring everything home we loved, but settled on these. We got them each from their respective distillery.

The Bernheim and Heaven Hill Select stock were part of a tasting where you got to try 4 allocated products and if you chose to you could bottle your pick and purchase it. We were definitely disappointed we couldn't get these two and also the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof(around 138 proof).

The Weller was today's allocated release at Buffalo Trace. Not sure what I was expecting but it wasn't people directing traffic 30 minutes before opening and huge line to get in. Me and my wife joked Buffalo Trace is like Disney for adults. A long line, but a worker everywhere and they were all EXTREMELY friendly. Even had a truck driver flag us down and point to a place behind the trucks where we could get a great view of them rolling barrels to be aged after filling.

Attachments

• IMG_0801~2.jpg
      IMG_0801~2.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 23

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    View attachment 356223

Regards,

Doug
    Drink it! Do a blind side by side with Makers Mark and see what you think.

Top Bottom