• ...and so much more!
  • lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I was shopping around for 45 ACP ammo perhaps in the 180 gr weight. Does anyone have a suggestion what I can use for both practice and carry?

Ah, the joys of the English language...! :D As several people have assumed, the original post seemed to indicate that 'prostate' intends to practice with and carry the same round.

Perhaps it's just a trick of the English language. Perhaps he was asking:
    "Does anyone have a suggestion for what I can use for paractice and a suggestion for what I can use for carry? If that's the case, then several people have offered good suggestions!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    Call me old fashioned, but I like the idea of carrying ball ammo in my 1911. I like the 1911 feeds ball ammo really well. I think it still does a decent amount of damage.

I have to agree with the above. 45 ball feeds well, and will do damage, but the reason I would not carry it is that ball ammo has a tendency to over penerate, which could harm an innocent bystander.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    FYI remington sells a 100 round bulk pack of JHP's that you can use to function test your gun for HP's which is extremely important if you have a picky gun like a kimber.

Aside from the occasional HP's, the more rounds you put down range the better, period. I swap my carry ammo out once a year and been doing it for a decade. Never had a dud round. Doesn't mean it won't happen, just hasn't happened to me.

prostate

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    Ah, the joys of the English language...! :D As several people have assumed, the original post seemed to indicate that 'prostate' intends to practice with and carry the same round.

Perhaps it's just a trick of the English language. Perhaps he was asking:
    "Does anyone have a suggestion for what I can use for paractice and a suggestion for what I can use for carry? If that's the case, then several people have offered good suggestions!
    you are right. I was wondering if there was round that one can use for both practice and carry. You hit it right on the money lovemywoods.
    thanks

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Based upon the criteria of training and SD round being the same. I would rather practice more with a 'mediorce' round than not practice with an expensive round. That being said I would carry and shoot ball ammo and be done with it. for what its worth. I carry Gold dot 230 grain and shoot ball for practice. No change in point of impact in my 1911.

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    I prefer the WWB. I like the idea of carrying two ball ammo rounds in the magazine first then HP from there (for the 1911). The 1911 was designed to fire ball ammo, just saying. Also, most instructors will tell you to shoot at least 300 rounds of your carry ammo through your gun before you trust your life to it, again ymmv.

Top Bottom