• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    You left the Beretta Cheetah off that list. IMO hands down the best 380 produced. The Cheetah comes in the model 85 with an 8 round mag, or model 84 with (I believe) a 14 round double stack mag. I had the 85, and it's a sweet firearm. I would put the Sig p232 in second place, it's a much better firearm than the p238.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    beretta

i could not include all of them so i went with the most popular firearms...the cheetah is arguably one of the best 380s made but comes with a 650(ish) price tag and it is kind of big for a 380...i havent been able to justify spending 650 for a 380 that is the size of a glock 26....another one i left off the list is the cz-82 which i think is just as good as the beretta....it has the same issues...it is a full size gun that is less effective than most full size pistols....it can be purchased for about 200 less than the beretta...another one is the beretta 70s...great little pistols with a 1911 style trigger and action...I like them all
    You left the Beretta Cheetah off that list. IMO hands down the best 380 produced. The Cheetah comes in the model 85 with an 8 round mag, or model 84 with (I believe) a 14 round double stack mag. I had the 85, and it's a sweet firearm. I would put the Sig p232 in second place, it's a much better firearm than the p238.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    thanks

thanks for responding with your favorite.. I only had 10 choices or this would have been on the list

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I think most people are going to answer that the "best" one is the one they personally own. I'm no different, but I have validated my own decision by shooting all of the other guns on the list to compare them. ;)

Kahr FTW! (It would be SIG if I was a single-action kinda guy).

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    you are right but hey its for fun and definitely not scientific
    I think most people are going to answer that the "best" one is the one they personally own. I'm no different, but I have validated my own decision by shooting all of the other guns on the list to compare them. ;)

Kahr FTW! (It would be SIG if I was a single-action kinda guy).

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    One of the best .380's for me has been the Magnum Research Micro Eagle...but I really prefer .38 Spl +P for pocket carry [Ruger LCR]. :twocents:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    You left the Beretta Cheetah off that list. IMO hands down the best 380 produced. The Cheetah comes in the model 85 with an 8 round mag, or model 84 with (I believe) a 14 round double stack mag. I had the 85, and it's a sweet firearm.

A Beretta Cheetah in .380 acp was my wife's first handgun...and we both loved it! It was accurate, ate anything we fed it, and was easy to handle. She has a long, narrow hand, which makes fitting a gun to her difficult. However, neither of us was completed satisfied with it as a primary personal defense pistol (the .380 round, not the Beretta) so we traded it for a Glock 26 in 9mm for her. That didn't fit her as well either...and in the end, we both wish we had keep the Beretta 85 as a 'fun gun' for her and simply add a new one to her collection.

Long story short, she now has a Gen II Glock 19 in 9mm...as the grip on the Gen II has a similar fit and feel as the Beretta 85 did for her! She's happy and I feel somewhat better, even though I'm not fully convinced of the 9mm's 'mad man' stopping power!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm not voting, because I've NEVER shot a .380 before. :(

I want to. And I want to buy one. And based on "feel", I really like the Kahr. I was interested in the Ruger, but it feels cheaply made. I still want to shoot it though.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    The wife has had carpal tunnel surgery on her right hand and it makes it painful to shoot more than a mag full of anything larger than .380. She has a Walther PK380 that she can shoot just fine. It's a larger handgun, so it really soaks up the recoil well. She can shoot it all day and not have any issues.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up

I want to. And I want to buy one. And based on "feel", I really like the Kahr. I was interested in the Ruger, but it feels cheaply made. I still want to shoot it though.

The thing I hate about the LCP is it does not have a slide lock that locks on the last round. Just like Kel-Tecs don't have a slide lock... Pocket pistols aren't for me.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I don't know what constitutes "best," but this one is accurate, reliable, slim to conceal, and hands-down the prettiest.

DSC01302-1.jpg

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    pk380

I had one of these and it was the softest shooting 380 but i did not like the battle scarring after just one use...other than that it ran and shot fine
    The wife has had carpal tunnel surgery on her right hand and it makes it painful to shoot more than a mag full of anything larger than .380. She has a Walther PK380 that she can shoot just fine. It's a larger handgun, so it really soaks up the recoil well. She can shoot it all day and not have any issues.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    ruger

the ruger is fine..it is so reliable and a great little pocket gun...it may feel cheap but it is well designed...the Kahr are overpriced in my opinion and some users report that they ftf issues

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    sig p232(?)

arent these very similar to the sig p230????
    I have never shot one of these but it came down to this one or the walther ppk/s to me from all i have read these are great...i like the action, accuracy, and reliability but for pocket carry I wanted a gun with a safety ...i might get one of these someday or the sig p238
    I don't know what constitutes "best," but this one is accurate, reliable, slim to conceal, and hands-down the prettiest.

DSC01302-1.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Bersa Thunder

I prefer this over all the others, including the Walther. I could fire this gun all day without and discomfort.

Plus, it affordable.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Got To Go With The Bersa

I have a Bersa Thunder 380.
    Totally reliable, accurate, will shoot almost anything
    without issue.
    They are also very reasonably priced.
    Not the easiest to carry maybe, but without a doubt, they
    are a best buy.
    Having said that, buy a 9mm. 380 ammo is so expensive.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    Bersa makes an AWESOME 380. The fixed barrel definitely help with its accuracy as well. Awesome gun, especially for under $300. I'm pretty impressed with the Bodyguard as well. It is a bit snappy though but I think that has to do with the small frame and barrel. PK380 is nice as well for a larger 380.

Top Bottom