Not open for further replies.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Vigo county has averaged about 50 or so cases everyday up until yesterday. Then all of a sudden there has been 400 total yesterday and today. Call me a skeptic but how? Even under big gathering holidays like fourth of july, we haven't had this big of a jump. I'm sure commander Holcomb will suggest that the county health department shut down things.

The ISDH page shows Vigo steadily climbing since mid-September, except for going from 145 on 11/9 to 257 on 11/10. It could be an error, but it's not unthinkable. Once the disease gets seeded in multiple people it can spread even faster than that.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Something .... something ... capitalism ... businesses deciding who they do business with... something... free market... something...

Social distancing at a concert is a joke. Right now, you're stuck in livestock pens spread way out - that's no fun.

If I can get back to being packed in with others right up front, then I'll get tested. Right now, even if it's an option (packed house concert), I'm not taking that risk; with some level of confidence that the other music lovers aren't contagious, I would consider it.

FB wants to know when my birthday is, but it's none of their damned business, so I stay off it.

I agree. This is free market.

I would seriously consider flying if everyone had to be tested or vaccinated first (chosen by the airlines, not the government)

And of course anyone who has traveled much internationally has specific vaccines to go to specific countries, so it's now a new concept.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's none of their damned business, IMHO. They're not going to be held responsible if someone gets sick at one of their events, so what's the point? They're already going to be restricted as far as their levels of attendance go, masking, social distancing, etc., so they can keep their noses out of our medical information thankyouverymuch.

I know Alpo was joking about the STD thing, but can you imagine if bars made you show proof of negative STD testing in order to enter? I mean, you might hook up with someone and spread a disease! :rolleyes: It's not really all that far-fetched.

You don't have to use the business. Of course that creates a Hobson's choice, which is to say there isn't a choice other than take it or leave it. If the only way the government will let some businesses stay open is to make them impose on your privacy, you'll get your privacy imposed on. And of course they're gonna lose business for that. People won't like that. I don't. But here we are.

I still think my idea of having people wear some kind of mark on their foreheads and hands that tell people you don't have it, then you can buy and sell freely. Win/win.

Disclaimer, it doesn't have to be 666. The text does not say the mark of the beast is 666. It just says it's the number of the beast. The mark could be anything. Or just a hallucination told by a crazy old man in prison. Either way.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Disclaimer, it doesn't have to be 666. The text does not say the mark of the beast is 666. It just says it's the number of the beast. The mark could be anything. Or just a hallucination told by a crazy old man in prison. Either way.

Yeah, could be 1010011010 or 29A and encoded on RFID chips implanted under the skin to be read by scanners, and all of your transactions could be run through, and approved or denied by, massive government computers (purchased from Chinese companies who pay tame US politicians a commission)

I think that system might work for about 42 months and then suffer a massive systems crash

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Or, and I know this is a crazy thought, it's not a literal mark, but the text is metaphorical and figurative like a substantial portion of the entire complied Book.

Oh, and it's Friday, so time to lighten up.
    18d0ef443cc102d3b734a00da541d1fabb0367f03bb53bd194842115c676408a.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Or, and I know this is a crazy thought, it's not a literal mark, but the text is metaphorical and figurative like a substantial portion of the entire complied Book.

I have often wondered why it couldn't be a glimpse of a bar code or binary code in a prophetic vision, interpreted as 'vau vau vau'

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

18d0ef443cc102d3b734a00da541d1fabb0367f03bb53bd194842115c676408a.jpg

This whole sidetrack is me lightening up! :laugh:

And of course the "...mark could be anything" covers that it could be metaphorical/figurative, or even the ramblings of an old man's hallucinations.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why did the total available ICU beds decline from 2162 to 2152 from one day to the next? That alone could account for more than half the increase in the percentage of beds going to covid without a single new patient

And the rate of increase in the use of ICU beds for non-Covid is almost 50% higher than the rate of increase in Covid beds, is there a pandemic of non-Covid disease or something?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Why did the total available ICU beds decline from 2162 to 2152 from one day to the next? That alone could account for more than half the increase in the percentage of beds going to covid without a single new patient

And the rate of increase in the use of ICU beds for non-Covid is almost 50% higher than the rate of increase in Covid beds, is there a pandemic of non-Covid disease or something?

Those thing make the numbers fit the agenda. Never question things that make the numbers fit the agenda.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

I've thought about all these folks with illnesses that might move up the scale of severity that haven't been attended to over the last 6 months. Eventually, I imagine you can only defer treatment so long before you end up hospitalized or dead. I wonder what DocHoosier is seeing in the ER.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Key word is available i imagine. Maybe someone died and they have to sanitize or something. Could easily be a reasonable explanation

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Key word is available i imagine. Maybe someone died and they have to sanitize or something. Could easily be a reasonable explanation

Some ICU beds are ICU beds when they need them and not "ICU beds" when they don't need them for ICU. 10 beds in the whole state? Well within normal variances.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom