• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    It’s getting harder and harder to take some people seriously. Why is there no talk of the Obama variant? Not a single mask at his party. “Oh. But they were vaccinated” Ya, that’s why that county is reporting the largest increase of Covid 19 since the beginning, right? Let’s focus on governors who support people’s freedom to make their own choice, let’s ignore the politicians caught numerous times not following their own rules.

Show me where Texas and Florida is at on the Covid death count this month, then talk statistics. As long as people who tell me to where a mask aren’t doing so themselves, and as long as the hospitals are still full of vaccinated patients, I’m not doing ****. Don’t like it? Scream outside as loud as you can, someone might care, but I don’t.
    all of this

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    In Australia, “ good for thee but not for me” seems to be the order of the day. Government officials caught traveling while locking down the country
    Edit: this is from may but in light of recent lockdown debate and discussion of the Obama bday party I think it’s relevant

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    In Australia, “ good for thee but not for me” seems to be the order of the day. Government officials caught traveling while locking down the country
    Edit: this is from may but in light of recent lockdown debate and discussion of the Obama bday party I think it’s relevant
    Same **** different toilet.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You are incorrect, which is getting to be unsurprising. I am criticizing the already long laundry list of special people who are somewhat immune from arbitrary discrimination and simultaneously lamenting that the only way to PREVENT arbitrary discrimination seems to be to add to that list rather than see people mount a robust defense of all freedoms

You don't have total freedom of association and you know it, and your pastel worries about the unvaccinated being made a protected class is given the lie when contrasted with your desire to make the vaccinated a protected class

Maybe the best way forward is not to make any new protected classes, and perhaps rethink some of the already existing ones. The willingness of some to bend and twist rights for the purpose of merely getting what they want at the moment alway leaves me SMH

I see '... Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness ...' but I don't believe 'safety' is ever mentioned
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, are you not advocating that businesses should not be able to refuse service if someone is unvaccinated? If I'm right, how is that not making them a protected class?

I'll agree that a busness owners right to associate or not with who they wish is being infringed. I never said it wasn't.

Where have I stated or implied I wish to make the vaccinated a protected class? I'm all for the couple of businesses that have stated that the vaccinated aren't welcome. Their property, their rules.

I don't have problem one with getting rid of all protected classes.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, are you not advocating that businesses should not be able to refuse service if someone is unvaccinated? If I'm right, how is that not making them a protected class?

[THIS ^^^ is just the other side of the coin you espouse below. How is allowing discrimination of vaccinated/unvaccinated NOT making the vaccinated a de facto protected class. The only difference is in the second case the businesses are doing something you approve of, so ... FREEDOM!]

Where have I stated or implied I wish to make the vaccinated a protected class? I'm all for the couple of businesses that have stated that the vaccinated aren't welcome. Their property, their rules.

I don't have problem one with getting rid of all protected classes.
    Edit: Spare me the canard that this is in any way equivalent 'no shirt, no shoes, no service', you are supporting discrimination against people for freely making the choice they feel is best for their physical health and well being, for how they choose to live their lives

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    This is hard to watch. Taking peoples kids in Australia to force vaccination

576cb32f05aae_louisette.jpg

The people that ordered it and the ones carrying it out and enforcing it.
    They are the enemy.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    [THIS ^^^ is just the other side of the coin you espouse below. How is allowing discrimination of vaccinated/unvaccinated NOT making the vaccinated a de facto protected class. The only difference is in the second case the businesses are doing something you approve of, so ... FREEDOM!]

Edit: Spare me the canard that this is in any way equivalent 'no shirt, no shoes, no service', you are supporting discrimination against people for freely making the choice they feel is best for their physical health and well being, for how they choose to live their lives
    Who said I approve of it? I stated I'm all for them being able to prohibit who they wish. If a business doesn't want x patronizing them, I'm all for their ability to disallow them to. Whether I approve of their choice is a different matter.

And just how in the hell is saying a business should be able to prohibit vaccinated or unvaccinated making the vaccinated a protected class?

I support peoples rights, even if I disagree with how they exercise them. Case in point, I support peoples right to open carry. I even do so myself. I even support these jackwads right to do so. I may not agree with how they did it, but that's a different story. I also support the businesses right to say no carry which they did after this.
    284413.jpg

You and everybody else is free to make the choice you feel is best, whether that is taking the jab or not. I really don't care.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's a severe form of government intervention to prevent businesses from deciding what customers should come in. He's also forbidden school mask mandates, hasn't he?

First, that's a different topic but it should be up to the business owner. However, I would not support such a business.

And no, it's not at all the same as trying to minimize infectious disease spread. Abbott's anti-masking stance and preventing others from asking about vaccines is aiding infectious disease. It's not rationalized by saying "oh but racism". The vaccine is free and it's a choice, not something people were born with.

Plenty of people have medical conditions that make the vaccine more risky, that they didn't chose to have.
    Lots of pregnant mothers have significant reason to avoid the vaccine.

Not to mention people who simply don't think the vaccine is safe, and aren't going to risk their life over a 99.9% chance of survival.

A store discriminating against such people is equal to racism or worse.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    What an odd situation we find ourselves in. 10 years ago if you asked any college liberal

“ if a business discriminates against someone that isn’t a legally protected group yet does that make it ok?”

they would have went raving on about how discrimination is discrimination.

now here we stand in 2020 with liberals calling for discrimination and conservatives still haven’t figured out they were on the wrong side of this debate all along even though the discrimination is largely against them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What an odd situation we find ourselves in. 10 years ago if you asked any college liberal

“ if a business discriminates against someone that isn’t a legally protected group yet does that make it ok?”

they would have went raving on about how discrimination is discrimination.

now here we stand in 2020 with liberals calling for discrimination and conservatives still haven’t figured out they were on the wrong side of this debate all along even though the discrimination is largely against them.
    It hasn't really changed. Democrats (liberals) have always been the party of discrimination and segregation. Now they're just more out in the open about it. Oh, and it's 2021 now. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom