• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Collin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats! Be ready for a never ending to do list. Every time I proudly cross an item off, my wife has added two more things to the bottom of the list. Best wishes!

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    Congrats! Be ready for a never ending to do list. Every time I proudly cross an item off, my wife has added two more things to the bottom of the list. Best wishes!

Oh it has already began. We are mostly finished with the kitchen reno but have found that we are going to have to replace close to half the dry wall in the bathroom. I still need to pain't the cabinets and install a few doors. We are now living in the house, officially moved in this past Saturday. It has been a little stressful at times but am still very happy with the house. We have plenty on projects to keep us busy just have to wait until funds allow them.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am on the other end, having bought and sold 8 homes I lived in and a few more than that which were bought for rentals/investments. I am at the place that I really would rather not be a homeowner, but my present house is cheaper to live in than renting.

I wish you and yours a lot of peace and happiness in your new home.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    Thanks Leo, there have been a few stressful moments as well as a few WTF moments.

Making some lead way on the kitchen. Got all the new doors on the old cabinets as well as the new drawer face. Need to purchase one more cabinet yet and paint.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Funny you mention that. In discussing looking for a new abode, I casually mentioned that I didn't think we needed to hire an inspector....as I know what to look for.

My wife gave me one of those looks.
    The big visible stuff is easy. It's the code issues that would give me grief.

The flip side is that the CYA aspect means inspectors put the most trivial items on the report. "No, the missing cover plate isn't a big deal. If you can't go buy one and put it on, home ownership probably isn't a good idea for you."

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    My only advice is that if you need things done, especially remodel stuff, do it now instead of later. Not sure if you think you will ever move again, but I have put off remodeling bathrooms for years. It is something that had to be done to even remotely sell the home in today's market. Thankfully my wife will get to enjoy her new master bath for a year and a half before we likely get our new home built. I'm having our hallway bath done ASAP, as I want to at least be able to get some use out of it before as well. Our gutters could likely use repair and painting, so I went out and got some paint yesterday. They still likely need to be repaired, but I don't want to spend the money since we will be selling soon and likely for a low quick sell price anyway. Should have had the gutters and bathrooms done four years ago, would have spent just as much money, but at least gotten years of personal use out of them. Instead I saved my money at .0001% interest.

Top Bottom