• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Some people wouldn't be satisfied that a firearm is being transported in a vehicle in a safe manner until the receiver has been arc welded to the frame rails.

I don't get why the ganstalicious Tahoe was "gay" either. Maybe it came from the factory with a tow hitch that was only compatible with towing other Tahoes. Maybe it was a Tahomosexual.

:joke:

Actually, if you look closely, the Tahoe is ogling a pickup truck sporting some "truck nutz" just a few spaces forward. Assuming the Tahoe is a male vehicle, of course.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    First off, namecalling is a reaction to being wrong. I will leave it at that.

Secondly, if the car is locked. and the firearm is out of sight, it is secured.
    You can't just assume your car is going to be broken into, that's irrational. Taking the time to lock the doors and keep valuables out of sight is rational. It appears to me the OP took a reasonable course of action and you want to blame him for some douchebag stealing someone else's stuff.

From the looks of things the guy broke in and opened the trunk. Perhaps you should not make so many callous statements and assumptions next time :)

I gotta pipe in on this one point, brilliantly made by Double T: how is it rational to *assume* your car would be broken into?? Who would knowingly park in an area where they expected the car was more likely than not be be broken into?

Would you send your daughter to a party EXPECTING her to get drunk and violated? Or would you conclude that it's self-evident that if someone perceived something bad happening is the greater likelihood, then they wouldn't do the thing that was likely to go badly??

Let's hope that River's home never gets broken into and he has to justify why he failed to have a 3" hardened steel front door that was sufficient to protect his possessions.

Here's hoping he doesn't work for an insurance company!!

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    ... My car gets broken into at least once a month outside my house. Not once has there been any evidence that they touched the safe or even noticed it for that matter...

When I read that statement above, my spidey-sense told me that we are dealing with a peculiar person in RiverParker.

I'm a pretty reasonable guy, but this forum isn't my first rodeo on the internet. I participate on several forums (fora?) dedicated to various interests, both professional and avocational, and all share some common traits. One trait that is pervasive is TROLLS.

Our society has an element that just likes to be contrarian. Their hollow lives find temporary fulfillment through contention, and they seek it out at every opportunity. It used to be that, when that happened, a fat lip would be the inevitable result from stirring the pot when the pot stirrer stirs the wrong pot.

However, the internet has spawned a whole new breed of contentious personalities -- trolls. They sit in their mother's basements and, hiding behind their anonymity, stirring away with abandon. Insulated from physical confrontation, they grow cojones the size of softballs and enjoy the rush that they get from stirring it up on forums where a little bit of knowledge goes a long way.

That said, I guess I'll make RiverParker my very first INGOer to ignore. Life is too short to put up with people who just like to drag everyone else into their misery.

Seeya, RP! Hope you make your 50 posts real soon. Thankfully, I won't have to read them. :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some people wouldn't be satisfied that a firearm is being transported in a vehicle in a safe manner until the receiver has been arc welded to the frame rails.

I don't get why the ganstalicious Tahoe was "gay" either. Maybe it came from the factory with a tow hitch that was only compatible with towing other Tahoes. Maybe it was a Tahomosexual.

The wheels are "Gay" not the truck. I have seen this rig and it looks Gay with the wheels it is sporting. Just stupid and to pull a crime in this rig is again>>>Stupid. Sticks out with those Gay wheels.
    I have a Yukon and they are not gay.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I still fail to see how anything on any vehicle in any way can be or look homosexual. Most of the gay people I know wouldn't be caught dead in a vehicle like that

My son and his buddy's called the wheels gay as did I. We did not call them Homosexual. Do you remember "Gay Dans" burger joints from the 60's and into the 70's. The name was changed to Mr. Dans but the reference remains. Really, give it a rest please. I really meant no harm to any Gay folks who might be reading.

We are car people and that reference has been part of our car speak for a long time. You just have to be there.....really.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My son and his buddy's called the wheels gay as did I. I really meant no harm to any Gay folks who might be reading.

We are car people and that reference has been part of our car speak for a long time. You just have to be there.....really.

Oh I took no offense to it as I do understand it is a slang term and not limited to the car world (plus I'm not gay so it won't hurt my feelings). I've always just failed to see the connection between something looking stupid or tacky and it being gay. :dunno:

I'm a grammar and language freak so I tend to over analyze. Nothing major. I'm just being picky and looking at things too literally.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh I took no offense to it as I do understand it is a slang term and not limited to the car world (plus I'm not gay so it won't hurt my feelings). I've always just failed to see the connection between something looking stupid or tacky and it being gay. :dunno:

I'm a grammar and language freak so I tend to over analyze. Nothing major. I'm just being picky and looking at things too literally.

Grammar was not my strong suit so I tend to run some slang on occasion.
    That and I try and communicate with my kids...tough unless you stay on top of text speak etc.

Pick away, no harm.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Grammar was not my strong suit so I tend to run some slang on occasion.
    That and I try and communicate with my kids...tough unless you stay on top of text speak etc.

Pick away, no harm.

We won't even go into text speak as I generally have no idea. Even sometimes here on INGO I have no idea what an acronym means and I have to Google it :laugh:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    findingZzero -

Have your 2001 Prelude and your '81 XS650 had a love child yet? No? Well, maybe you can answer your own question.... :D

And I sure do hope you get your stuff back, OP...

No love child yet, probably because the XS650 can't get up a decent spark. ED (Electrical Dysfunction). I should really be finishing FAFSA for my daughter.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    This is a grey area for me. Maybe someone else can answer this question. He/They would forfeiture the vehicle at which time it would go to a Sheriff Sale, but I am unsure if I would get any compensation out of that to cover the cost of my items. Also would I have to wait until the sale is completed in order to recover funds? Indiana does have a victim compensation law that will pay out a maximum fund of $15,000 for a "violent crime" which a felony is considered. I am unsure how much I would get back from this fund (definitely no where near the max). I have a strong feeling this SOB doesn't have a penny to his name therefore his vehicle may be his only "personal property". My insurance company is going after them as well so hopefully I get a decent amount to replace what was stolen without having to pay much out of my own pocket. This is a good question and I am curious to find out how restitution works in Indiana.

As if he would show anyway haha.

Indiana's forfeiture statute does not encompass all property/vehicles used in a crime. Rather, it specifically applies in some circumstances, primarily drugs, terrorism, certain violent crimes, proceeds from criminal acts etc.

It is a very complicated statute and unless you do forfeitures (which I do not) it is pretty obscure as the structure of the statute DEMANDS that you pay attention to which subhead you are under or it will seem to say things it does not.

Ind. Code § 34-24-1-1 Version b : Indiana Code - Section 34-24-1-1 VERSION B: Seizure of vehicles and property commonly used as consideration for controlled substances offenses; seizure of tobacco products and personal property owned and used to faci

I do not believe it would encompass a vehicle used to drive away from a theft but I am not absolutely certain of that. I'll try to remember to ask someone who would know for certain.

Also, Theft isn't going to qualify as a violent crime for victim fund purposes. You have to sustain bodily injury or death. See below:

http://www.in.gov/cji/2348.htm

Either way, if they are convicted I would presume that restitution would be ordered as part of the sentence. Ideally, it would be paid up front, but due to blood not running from turnips that is far from certain. Sometimes it will be made a term of their probation or it can be entered as a judgement which you would then have to seek enforcement of civilly. Be sure to stay in touch with the victim advocate at the prosecutor's office on this to make sure your wishes are known and clear

Best,

Joe

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    You know who drives an SUV like that? This guy:

hamiltonlegup.jpg

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    RiverParker is taking a morally superior stance based on what he personally feels is the proper level of protection for a firearm. He is not taking into account the fact that this is completely subjective. If I feel that his small safe mounted to the flimsy sheet metal of a moveable vehicle is inadequate, then it would be perfectly reasonable, within the frame of his logic, to deride him in the unfortunate circumstance that his gun were ever stolen from said removable safe. He also apparently feels that because it hasn't been stolen yet (by sheer dumb luck) then he must be providing the proper level of protection and it would be nearly impossible for someone to pry that little safe out of his trunk. Further, the feelings of the family members of a slain victim shot by his gun, stolen from a locked safe, will not be any different than if their family member had been slain with the OP's gun. The actions of the criminal will be their concern, not the ease with which they stole the gun from a locked vehicle.

If it were that simple. He was taking a position based on a standard that is impossible to meet. Not even he can do it himself. And he's using that as an opportunity to poke the tiger. He was trolling, plain and simple. Seems it finally caught up to him.

You should chain the trunk shut, too. With at least 4 or 5 heavy padlocks. You know, so you can be responsible.

Don't stop there. Put a boot on all four wheels AND the spare so the thieves can't drive off with it and then attack it in their leisure.

I still fail to see how anything on any vehicle in any way can be or look homosexual. Most of the gay people I know wouldn't be caught dead in a vehicle like that

In what decade did you grow up? :n00b: Geez.

I had a gay white stripe on the Mustang before I peeled it off. Spoilers on the back of 4-door sedans are gay. And there are entire vehicles that qualify as gay just for being what they are, such as the Prius, any Fiat, the new VW Beetles.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If it were that simple. He was taking a position based on a standard that is impossible to meet. Not even he can do it himself. And he's using that as an opportunity to poke the tiger. He was trolling, plain and simple. Seems it finally caught up to him.

Don't stop there. Put a boot on all four wheels AND the spare so the thieves can't drive off with it and then attack it in their leisure.

In what decade did you grow up? :n00b: Geez.

I had a gay white stripe on the Mustang before I peeled it off. Spoilers on the back of 4-door sedans are gay. And there are entire vehicles that qualify as gay just for being what they are, such as the Prius, any Fiat, the new VW Beetles.

I am so laughing my A$$ off.........................:):

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Glad INGO was able to come to the rescue, and help catch these POSs. INGO is an incredible resource. I had my eye out for ya in the West Indy area!

Top Bottom