• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Are people prone towards panic buying going to know the difference between the green-tipped M855 and the more standard jacketed M193? Or are we going to see panic shortages of all .223 and 5.56?

tonybia

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    7   1   1
    Apr 24, 2013
    The run on .223 and 22lr has started already. Places like freedom munitions and palmetto and others are all sold out of the brass.223 . I know that freedom munitons had hundreds and hundreds of 1000 round boxes listed a few days ago. So it starts again........

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Green tip or no, the government needs to keep their hands off. Sick of this crap. Can we fight back? Of course we can and should. The "does not affect me this time" argument is not the point.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Congress has the purse strings. All they have to do is cut appropriations. No EO can trump that.

Like they've done to the DHS? (At least that's how it's being played). Nah...when the do actually stick to their guns, as rare as it is, they'll get the blame for starving grandma, killing children, and polluting the ozone hole.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    What weirds me out is they asked for Public comment. Like they know they can't do it, but just want to start a panic. Or are keeping our attention elsewhere while they do something else.

It's a legal requirement that certain types of regulatory changes have a "comment period" before they go into effect. The agency is required to give attention (ie lip service) to the comments, but not required to change their action based on the comments.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    REALLY pissed......drank all my beer last night, and now I can't buy M855...........

There's probably a judge out there that will fix that for you. Can you cloak this somehow as a travesty of justice that disenfranchises any one of or combination of politically acceptable, continually aggreived, groups? You know, like it will prevent woman from accessing the reproductive health care they are entitled or somehow can be demonstrated to be interferring with what's happening in somebody's bedroom....or--the oldy but goody---violation of church and state? If you can, this is fixable. File a lawsuit!

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    There's probably a judge out there that will fix that for you. Can you cloak this somehow as a travesty of justice that disenfranchises any one of or combination of politically acceptable, continually aggreived, groups? You know, like it will prevent woman from accessing the reproductive health care they are entitled or somehow can be demonstrated to be interferring with what's happening in somebody's bedroom....or--the oldy but goody---violation of church and state? If you can, this is fixable. File a lawsuit!

Lawsuit?....nahhhh I'll just head down to Lafayette and hit up one of them there fancy schmancy micro-breweries that Beards McFreeman recommends...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Lawsuit?....nahhhh I'll just head down to Lafayette and hit up one of them there fancy schmancy micro-breweries that Beards McFreeman recommends...

YOU'RE NOT DOING IT....eh-hmm...excuse me...right. You're not supposed to solve the problem yourself, that's what judges are for.

Steeltoe546

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Castleton
    I have signed that petition, but I spoke to a fraternity brother of mine in the Ohio branch of the ATF last night that strongly advised against this happening.

tonybia

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    7   1   1
    Apr 24, 2013
    THEY HAVE been coming for US, and I DON'T wear tinfoil !!!!!

Just voted, and over 90,000 signatures against !!!!! SIGN the PETTION !!!!!

I think you might have misread the count. So far there are less than 1000 votes. Its there on the bottom of the page. They are wanting 100,000 votes and that 99,000+ votes are needed to meet that goal.

T

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I just want to take the time to welcome everyone to the party that started years ago with the 5.7x28 round. There was even a certain supplier of 5.7 bullets that was raided and shut down by the BATF. The beauty of it is that many were so busy stating that the 5.7x28 was so inferior to the beloved 5.56 that they failed to speak up when people spouted BS comments about how well the 5.7x28 defeated body armor. Everyone failed to stop the insanity then, why would you care now that the beloved 5.56 is targeted? The 6.8, 6.5 and 308 are sure to follow....maybe even the 22WMR.

Top Bottom