• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Why does it torque your tidy whities when he's right? Why do you hate freedom?
    You're mistaken into thinking I'm here to discuss the merits of whether he's right or wrong. That's for another thread. You can leave my under garments out of it.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I never bought M855, it was always a little above my price range, but I hate how Obama is putting his boot on those who didn't vote for him.

Looking around, M855 is going up in price or is gone. Another mini-panic on our hands...again. I know the proposed regulation won't go into effect until next month at the earliest, but it's had the intended effect on green tip.

How long until regular .223/5.56 starts disappearing?

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    It already has. I was looking at picking up a case of some cheap 223 (Wolf Gold or PMC), but cant find it anywhere in stock, but I know it was in stock the week prior.

Try here....

223 Ammo

bestpriceammo.com Still got wolf brass and steel in stock at good prices. Picked up 500 rounds of Polyformance this morning. (burned through a little birthday money)

bigzee76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Went to Gander Mountain in Avon today and was surprised to find thousands of rounds of M855 available. Pricey, but lots available in 120, 312, 420, and 1000 round lots.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    No the people who call themselves gun owners and haven't signed should be ashamed. There's millions of them and only 21k signatures.

Many haven't signed it because they know that it has zero legal standing. Heck, there were almost 300,000 votes to deport Justin Bieber, and the White House simply said (paraphrased), "No comment." The White House is not legally obligated to do anything at the 100,000-vote mark other than issue a reply. Nothing more, nothing less.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    They have to open it up for public comment. I'm not completely sure but I was "told" that the ATF has to respond to every comment received before they can issue a ruling. Anyone know different?

The big misconception is that the BATF is taking comments about why or why not this exemption should be revoked. THE TRUTH IS THAT THE BATF IS ONLY TAKING COMMENTS ON HOW TO IMPLEMENT THIS WITHOUT HARM TO RETAILERS. Read what they have released and you will see for yourself. Sending the BATF your comments will simply result in them being ignored.

Since this ban is a done deal, the only way to undo it is through Congress. Contacting your Senator and Representative is the CORRECT method for fighting this.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Many haven't signed it because they know that it has zero legal standing. Heck, there were almost 300,000 votes to deport Justin Bieber, and the White House simply said (paraphrased), "No comment." The White House is not legally obligated to do anything at the 100,000-vote mark other than issue a reply. Nothing more, nothing less.

It gives them the illusion that they're doing something.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland

Yea I understand how the petitions work, but its important for this to go through quickly, if nothing else, so they know that we are aware of their illegal activity, andwon't just brush it under the rug. It may be a done deal but at least it means something that gun owners are aware, this way if any type of repeal comes in the future they will understand what happened if the ban is overturned. Knowing that its probably is a done deal is no reason to not speak up, thats called giving in, which is what they want.

The justin bieber petition is a bad comparison because most people signed it because they probably thought it was hilarious. Same thing with the Death Star petition. This an issue thay actually affects a large number of people.

I just wish this petition was written better, and actually explained why we are against a ban.

Last edited:

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I just wish this petition was written better, and actually explained why we are against a ban.

That was another issue that I had with the petition -- the fact that the last statement in it is false when it states that this ban was intended for handgun ammunition and not rifle ammunition. The truth is that the ban was for any AP ammo that could be used in a handgun, regardless of whether it was originally designed for a rifle or a handgun. (See pages 2-4 of the link below).

The BATF accepted public comment on this AP ban through December 2012 (see page 7 at link below), so public comment period regarding the passing of the ban has already expired.

http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fi..._primarily_intended_for_sporting_purposes.pdf

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    That was another issue that I had with the petition -- the fact that the last statement in it is false when it states that this ban was intended for handgun ammunition and not rifle ammunition. The truth is that the ban was for any AP ammo that could be used in a handgun, regardless of whether it was originally designed for a rifle or a handgun. (See pages 2-4 of the link below).

The BATF accepted public comment on this AP ban through December 2012 (see page 7 at link below), so public comment period regarding the passing of the ban has already expired.

http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fi..._primarily_intended_for_sporting_purposes.pdf

That incorrect statement aside, let's not forget that the root of this issue is the fact that M855 does not meet the Federal definition of AP ammo, handguns and rifles aside.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Let's not forget that the root of this issue is the fact that M855 does not meet the Federal definition of AP ammo, handguns and rifles aside.

Agreed. But, somehow in 1986 it was classified as AP ammo, then later exempted due to there being no prevalence of handguns that would accept it. So, it has been banned all along -- the BATF has just overlooked it and exempted it from the law. Now they are simply removing the exemption, which does not require an act of Congress. That's why the only way to undo this is through Congress, as the original law must either be amended or repealed.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Here's what the BATF says on page 15 as to why they are soliciting comments at this time:

ATF is specifically soliciting comments on how it can best implement withdrawal of this exemption while minimizing disruption to the ammunition and firearm industry and maximizing officer safety.

The only comments they are seeking are on how to best remove this exemption, not whether they should or not. Their mind is already made up.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Ive signed the petition, emailed the alphabet soup, emailed my congress critters, and I called them today too. I don't care if they ignore me or not. Let's overload their inboxes and voicemails all day everyday. I care and it doesn't cost me anything!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom