• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Bargins are out there you just have to look and have the money in hand. I just came home from my LGS with 2 NIB WASR-10's each with 2 mags for $599.00 each. They where in a rack with other consignment AK's, 3 Yugo's ( $1500.00 each) and a WASR underfolder($1000.00) My LGS sells all his consignments for 10% over what the seller wants, hence the good price. While these aren't the old dirt cheap prices they once where they are great prices right now.

These are going into the safe until I figure out what I am going to do with them.

:patriot:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    WASR-10's at $599 each? I remember when they were hard to sell at $300 each. Feinstein has done a great job of driving the market to insanity.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    WASR-10's at $599 each? I remember when they were hard to sell at $300 each. Feinstein has done a great job of driving the market to insanity.
    Yes and just before the shooting they where going for about $500 wholesale.

Now if we want to play the I remember game, I remember when you could buy freshly refurb'ed M1 carbines for $20.00 SHIPPED. :D

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Son n law said he saw a RRA yesterday ,somewhere in Jeffersonville for 1050.00. Nice to see some places not fo;;pwing suit with others raising ,to rediculous prices.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Now if we want to play the I remember game, I remember when you could buy freshly refurb'ed M1 carbines for $20.00 SHIPPED. :D

I got these from my uncles for free. I loved those guy's..............:D
    Also M-14's...Garands and so on. Gone are those days.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    I got these from my uncles for free. I loved those guy's..............:D
    Also M-14's...Garands and so on. Gone are those days.

Yes they are, my dad could buy Enfields, 25 to a skid for $5.00 per rifle from a salvage company on front street in Cinti back in the mid-60's, they where rough but you could make 10-15 good ones and have a boat load of parts left over.

Yes those where the days.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw

I paid $350 for a WASR in 2004. Thought at the time that I had paid too much. Then I happened upon a SAR-1 NIB for the same price. Got the SAR-1, and gave the WASR to my Dad.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    I paid $350 for a WASR in 2004. Thought at the time that I had paid too much. Then I happened upon a SAR-1 NIB for the same price. Got the SAR-1, and gave the WASR to my Dad.

New SAR's where $325 back in 2003, and where considered garbage, that is until the WASR's came out then suddenly the price of SAR's took off. WASR's aren't pretty but they are a great entry level AK and are as good as the new IO's that cost considerably more.

I think one of them is going to my wife who suddenly wants an AK, and the other will replace my Mini 14 as my new truck gun

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    I got my WASR by first buying my wife one, pretty sure they were about $350 each. That was a good Christmas. I wouldn't trade them for nothing.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    New SAR's where $325 back in 2003, and where considered garbage, that is until the WASR's came out then suddenly the price of SAR's took off. WASR's aren't pretty but they are a great entry level AK and are as good as the new IO's that cost considerably more.

I think one of them is going to my wife who suddenly wants an AK, and the other will replace my Mini 14 as my new truck gun

Good choice on using the WASR to replace the Mini-14. Much more punch and greater reliability.

Both my WASR and SAR-1 have been 100% reliable. I installed an AK-74 type Muzzle Brake and Tapco G2 Triggers on both rifles. The SAR has an aperture rear sight to improve accuracy and sight picture.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    The only problem with the good old days is that we only remember the "GOOD". I could have bought 1911's in as issued condition in the 1950's for $25 - BUT I was only making about $1.80 an hour in a factory. Gas was around $.20 /gal, and a hamburger, fries and a drink at a restaurant was around a buck, cigarettes were $.23. But $1.80 an hour still didn't buy a whole lot of extras.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

My wife calls that "the grandpa game". Whenever I go into a muttered rant about "when I was a boy this cost a nickel and you got three free passes to the county fair and a lollipop" statements she just looks at me, sadly shakes her head, and gives me my point total for the grandpa game.

You should have seen my score at the Indiana State Fair a few years ago. Grand prize winner. :D

ZOMBIE2012

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    I HAVE GOTTEN A SAIGA FOR 675 THE OTHER DAY. AND A WASR FOR 500. THOSE GUYS SAID THEY WERENT LIKE THE GOUGERS OUT THERE.THEY DIDNT POST THEM EITHER. I HAD PUT A AD ON HT THAT I WAS LOOKING FOR THEM.THEY REPLIED TO ME WITH THEM

freeclimber57

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Your right. Two weeks ago I was informed of a gun shop that still had a 450 bushmaster 20 in. complete upper nib for 700 bucks! Its mine now of course, but your right. right place, right time, and cash on hand.

True Republican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Research Works!!

I've been shopping for Tax Time deals, if do plenty of research you can still find deals. Do not give they are out there just keep looking. :)

Top Bottom