• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    Got the .22 suppressor out today to put it on my 10/22 barrel which I got back from the machine shop today. It was going on hard, so I got a flashlight out and saw that some of the suppressors internal threads were full of fouling. That's not all, at some point in time the first baffle has been hit. Called manufacturer and a new one is 30.00 bucks. Itcould have have been worse I guess.

barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    I have not had it apart yet, dont have a spanner wrench. The first is the only one I can see. Would you expect all of them to be damaged, and how many are normally in there?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I am not familiar with that can, I know it exists, but I don't know how it's assembled. I'd expect to see 5 baffles and 1 blast baffle. If the first baffle (blast baffle) was struck, it would be reasonable that it wouldn't be the only one struck. Also, are you really sure it was struck? Did you feel/hear something unusual? I ask because if your can uses "K" baffles then it is part of the design for there to be an indentation on the bore diameter edge.

barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    I am not sure, as I never felt anything unusual. Maybe it hasn't been struck. Is it plausible that I would not have felt it if it were hit, or would you feel that for sure? I have been shooting before and after 20 or so rnds, I have had to tighten the suppressor back up. I just figured I might have done it to late one time. Now you have given me hope that it has not been struck. Also, about this blast baffle what does it do? All the thread adaptors for my handguns have short threads, maybe 3/8 of an inch long. For the 10/22 barrel, I was not sure what to ask for so I had the shop cut about an inch of thread with a 1/4inch collar on the muzzle end. From the end of the barrel to the end of the threads is then a little over an inch. Is the muzzle in to deep?

Last edited:

barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    Last edited:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Your threads are waaaaaay too long. They need to be .5" or less. What'll happen there is that you'll get carbon/lead fouling on the barrel threads that protrude through the can's threads into the blast chamber, and it'll be darn near impossible to dismount your can. A temporary solution would be to stack some washers, but that unthreaded part at the end there really should be gone...

barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    Back to VUPDBLUES post, as long as my suppressor has long enough internal threads to have complete engagement with the barrel threads should I be ok. That is to say no barrel threads are going to be sticking out exposed into the blast chamber.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    I didn't look at pics but I bet that was the gas relief cut you saw. Glad it's not a strike.

I am surprised LCW would charge for a new baffle before even taking a look.

Did they ask for your firearm and ammo too so they could determine the issue (even though it's not an issue now).

barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    No, they only wanted the suppressor and a copy of my form. He said he could not just send me a baffle because I could not be in possession of suppressor parts? Heck, I have the whole thing.
    As long as I have plenty of internal threads, I should be ok right? What all is involved in recrowning the barrel?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom