• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    The other day while driving my Toyota Corolla with 190,000 the the fan on the heater started making a horrible noise followed by an electrical burning smell. Kind of sucks to drive around with out heat in this weather.

Luckily we have danielocean03. Alex is an excellent mechanic who works at a shop that services cars a bit more expensive than Toyota Corolla's. :):

Alex diagnosed the problem. Ordered parts at a fraction of the price I would have paid. Picked the parts up for me on his way home from work. Scheduled a time to install them and got the job done in a matter of minutes. Had I taken it to a shop or dealer this would have cost me a bunch more. :spend:

Alex gave me a very fair price for his labor and the price on the parts can't be beat.

If you live on the North side just take your car to him. If you live farther away it's probably still worth the drive.

Thanks Alex!

Mike

Nathan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Wabash, Indiana
    thanks alex for sharing your profession amongst friends. it's really saying a lot about who you are and what friends mean to you.

by the way, if anyone is in the rochester or wabash area, look me up. i too, twist wrenches for a living.

not to hijack the thread...oops...

thanks for being there alex!

shark29er

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    +2

danielocean03 is a superior professional and a regular good guy!!

I've got an older SUV--and a couple weeks ago had a check engine light came on along with it just running a little rough. danielocean03 stopped by my place on his way home, and plugged in the magic box, and he diagnosed a relatively simple problem. We decided to go ahead and fix that and work on some regular maintenance items. I'll bet with the deal I got on the parts and the price of the labor was hundreds less than if I had gone to the dealership.

Even bigger for me was an auto maintenance emergency that happend last week. To make a long story short--there was a wicked grinding around one of my wheels. I figured I had some crazy 4x4 problems, ends up being a bolt missing on my brakes--HUGE Problem. danielocean03 got it in, and fixed PRONTO!! It took longer to go and get the part than do the work, but it didn't matter. It had to be done, done right, and done in a hurry.

I am just really thrilled with the service that he has done on my truck and I recommend him for your auto service needs with no reservation.

Thanks Man!!!!!!!!!!

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    isn't that part of what this community is all about? helping each other? well, that and attacking each other like siblings.:D thanks danielococean03, for actively helping. POsitive reps for daniel.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    isn't that part of what this community is all about? helping each other? well, that and attacking each other like siblings.:D thanks danielococean03, for actively helping. POsitive reps for daniel.

It takes a village to maintain a car:rolleyes: Just kidding. I think it is great when someone with this kind of knowledge and experience can help others save some money and at the same time, make a little money on the side.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    WOW, cool...... Alex do you work on Mercedes?

Sure, PM me with the details and I'll see if I can help you out. I will work for guns and ammo too if anyone's tight on money. I know things are tighter than "normal" for most people right now and I'd likely spend any extra money I had on guns anyway.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Sure, PM me with the details and I'll see if I can help you out. I will work for guns and ammo too if anyone's tight on money. I know things are tighter than "normal" for most people right now and I'd likely spend any extra money I had on guns anyway.

I gotta find me some of that "extra money" :D

Top Bottom