• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Just saw a 'bomb expert' on FOX...said this wasn't a 2nd Amendment problem it was a 1st Amendment problem...:n00b: He said access to the knowledge and materials needs to be considered...so, when terror implement tyranny. :xmad:

Que Jim Lucas' tongue-in-cheek 1st Amendment common sense law proposal. If it'll save just one child to ban assault rifles, limit high capacity magazine clips, etc., then surely this incident highlights the need for common sense checks on our freedom of speech. We need to do it NOW, before one more person falls victim.

(Did I do that right?)

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I Have a couple guesses. One I'm thinking of is highly volatile but would detonate with jarring or could be assisted with even a mouse trap. Made easily in your garage. Although it's highly unstable and dangerous to make let alone transport but it's doable.
    It wouldn't be the number one choice by someone who is "highly skilled" but I don't put too much credibility into statements made by L eo's in an active investigation. They say some things intentionaly when they know it not to be true or accurate.
    I've heard briefly that victims share a link but it's not being released. This may be the key, IF it's a former workmate or employee ECT. However most people don't share an average job ewith someone with the knowledge to remain undetected going to and fro and then add in explossives knowledge.
    Could be a Unabomber type situation too where the nut job is targeting people who work in a certain field (like abortion or the gun industry) which spark a high emotional response in some people.

I doubt it is something "highly volatile" and dangerous to transport. Too high a probability of the bomber blowing him/herself up while transporting it. Probably just black or smokeless powder, or the innards of fireworks.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    1. These weren't sent (apparently) by mail or 3rd party carrier. :)

B. You might be surprised at how thorough the US Postal Inspector's office is. ;) In my experience (a long time ago) with them, they were pros and knew how to do an investigation, then turn it over to someone else for the accolades. They're more than happy if no one really knows what they do. (Mostly in a good way.)

How thorough can they be for searching given 4th amendment? US postal service is largest drug courier in the country

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I doubt it is something "highly volatile" and dangerous to transport. Too high a probability of the bomber blowing him/herself up while transporting it. Probably just black or smokeless powder, or the innards of fireworks.

Or maybe shaved off blue tip match heads. Time consuming, but effective.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    They certainly seem to have the triggering device figured out whatever it is. I haven't heard about any duds or premature explosions yet.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    UNITED STATES v. HERNANDEZ | FindLaw

They have the item, and as much time as they need. ;)

In other (related) news, the police are being criticized for not recognizing that the first bomb was part of a pattern.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...-police-get-150-plus-suspicious-package-calls

Waiting on the demanding moms or someone of their ilk to parlay this into their gun control narrative. I'm thinking it'll be something like "so much for good guys with guns being able to stop these threats. It's the NRA's fault this is happening".

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    They certainly seem to have the triggering device figured out whatever it is. I haven't heard about any duds or premature explosions yet.

You could pretty much use anything. Even a little light sensing diode like what turns on your night lights when it gets dark. The triggering device is probably very simple. Hell a metal ball bearing that rolls and completes a circuit with motion even.
    I'm more interested in the boom boom stuff they are using. Frank is probably right it's probably some thing simple. I usually over think things. The **** they use on sparklers, in large quantities and in a confined space is very potent. Rapid expansion, maximum burn.
    I'm also interested in how they are getting around the areas. Are they using their own vehicle, public transportation, a stolen vehicle, a homeless person paid to deliver the package, ect. Everything combined will tell them if this is just an average person gone off their rocker or a very smart criminal like the Unabomber was.i don't mean to give him props. Could also be a radical Muslim terrorist. They are still among us.
    Overseas we had to stop handing out certain items to civilians because the enemy was using some of the components in IED's. It doesn't take much to make a trigger

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The only thing that can save us from bad guys with bombs is, um... anyway.

The flash powder they make the louder firecrackers from (there's a reason we can't have M80s etc) gets really potent in larger doses, and you can make your own from [chemical X] and [chemical Y] you can buy in quantity on ebay. Igniting it is dead easy, and all you have to do is pick your sensor and put the wiring between it and the igniter.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    You could pretty much use anything. Even a little light sensing diode like what turns on your night lights when it gets dark.
    No doubt... my first trip overseas the EDO guy on the SEAL platoon was telling me that they stopped disabling IEDs because they were setting up tons of secondary triggers that prevented them from disabling the device. IE, main trigger is pressure plate, but then, surrounding the pressure plate they place 4-20 light-sensors that are covered in the dirt. They know EOD wants to dig to the side and under the device, so they set all of these sensors to the sides. EOD guy starts digging in the dirt, exposes the sensor to light, and boom. He didn't even get close to the pressure-plate, he exposed a secondary sensor to light but doing what he has been trained to do.

The triggering device is probably very simple. Hell a metal ball bearing that rolls and completes a circuit with motion even.
    I'm more interested in the boom boom stuff they are using. Frank is probably right it's probably some thing simple. I usually over think things. The **** they use on sparklers, in large quantities and in a confined space is very potent. Rapid expansion, maximum burn.
    I'm also interested in how they are getting around the areas. Are they using their own vehicle, public transportation, a stolen vehicle, a homeless person paid to deliver the package, ect. Everything combined will tell them if this is just an average person gone off their rocker or a very smart criminal like the Unabomber was.i don't mean to give him props. Could also be a radical Muslim terrorist. They are still among us.
    Overseas we had to stop handing out certain items to civilians because the enemy was using some of the components in IED's. It doesn't take much to make a trigger
    Not to give the anti's more ammo (no pun intended) but it's not hard to make a blasting cap. Tannerite is easily initiated with a blasting-cap, be it home-made or otherwise. The is quite literally a laundry list of commonly available things that can be bought OTC, or made with OTC chemicals using something like the anarchist cookbook.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    UNITED STATES v. HERNANDEZ | FindLaw

They have the item, and as much time as they need. ;)

In other (related) news, the police are being criticized for not recognizing that the first bomb was part of a pattern.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...-police-get-150-plus-suspicious-package-calls

That’s complete garbage

(3) the package was mailed from California, a known drug-source state;

Maybe i’ll Recreate that with a cellular camera inside and livestream the feed

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yes but I also heard it is quite unstable and goes off as soon as someone touches it
    giphy.gif

Top Bottom