• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    A few nights ago I gathered up the chittlins (ages 11, 9 and 8) and headed out to a Liberty Seed hosted by Dave's Gunshop in Holland, IN. The instructors were Mudcat and Red Baron and a lady whose name escapes me. They all did an incredible job. One just kind of sits back and gets lost in the story. It also coincided with my childrens' historical studies as they are currently studying the Revolutionary War.

Mudcat said that the Liberty Seed idea has only been happening for a year or two now (not news to any here but me, I'm sure:laugh:) but the format is, in my opinion, outstanding. I'm a preacher and am thinking about asking some to come in and share the story around the 4th of July to my congregation.

We hope to make another one and an Appleseed in the future. I don't know how many folks were there, but the room was packed. It was great. The only downer was not being able to take Mudcat up on his coupon for an upcoming Appleseed because I have some IDPA SO obligations on that day. I'll get to one eventually though or maybe an instructor can work me and the kids in sometime.

Thanks to all who volunteer for this excellent markmanship and history program:yesway:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Glad you enjoyed the LibertySeed. If you're willing to host, we'll get volunteers there to share the story.

I did the same at my home church on the Sunday closest to July 4th earlier this year. It was well received and they want to make it an annual event. :yesway:

LibertySeed / RWVA

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Just let me know sbc and we can make it happen, I would be glad to come and talk and probably would not have any trouble getting some others to come along too. I'm glad you liked the event! The lady's name was Honey.

Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Just a teaser - right now Rayne, ATM, yellowhousejake and myself are working on setting one up in Salem in mid-late November. Just so us down-South folks don't feel left out! Details coming soon.

sbcman

Master
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Just let me know sbc and we can make it happen, I would be glad to come and talk and probably would not have any trouble getting some others to come along too. I'm glad you liked the event! The lady's name was Honey.

Just a teaser - right now Rayne, ATM, yellowhousejake and myself are working on setting one up in Salem in mid-late November. Just so us down-South folks don't feel left out! Details coming soon.

Appreciate it guys!

fdbc

Plinker
    Jan 13, 2013
    Westfield
    I see there is a Liberty Seed event this week at the Carmel Library. It sounds interesting and I was thinking of taking my daughter. How long does it last usually? It is a school night and I don't want to keep her out too late.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Time varies depending upon many, many factors. Plan on 1 to 1-1/2 hours. This is something that you can afford to miss a bit of sleep to experience. Do not miss an opportunity to attend a Liberty Seed!

fdbc

Plinker
    Jan 13, 2013
    Westfield
    We are planning on being there and my daughter told me her class is studying the Revolutionary War now.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    A few nights ago I gathered up the chittlins (ages 11, 9 and 8) and headed out to a Liberty Seed hosted by Dave's Gunshop in Holland, IN. The instructors were Mudcat and Red Baron and a lady whose name escapes me. They all did an incredible job. One just kind of sits back and gets lost in the story. It also coincided with my childrens' historical studies as they are currently studying the Revolutionary War.

Mudcat said that the Liberty Seed idea has only been happening for a year or two now (not news to any here but me, I'm sure:laugh:) but the format is, in my opinion, outstanding. I'm a preacher and am thinking about asking some to come in and share the story around the 4th of July to my congregation.

We hope to make another one and an Appleseed in the future. I don't know how many folks were there, but the room was packed. It was great. The only downer was not being able to take Mudcat up on his coupon for an upcoming Appleseed because I have some IDPA SO obligations on that day. I'll get to one eventually though or maybe an instructor can work me and the kids in sometime.

Thanks to all who volunteer for this excellent markmanship and history program:yesway:
    If this happens, please post, you might have a lot of visitors, that Sunday !!!!!

redbaron

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld

Glad you enjoyed it TJ. As Mudcat said, let us know, I'd be glad to help.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I attended one of ATM's Liberty Seeds at the library in our home town. It was nice to be able to hear the stories without the distraction of the shooting.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I attended one of ATM's Liberty Seeds at the library in our home town. It was nice to be able to hear the stories without the distraction of the shooting.

There's another Crawfordsville Library event scheduled for Monday Nov. 18th - bring some folks back with you. :yesway:

Also finalizing a new LibertySeed at the Brownsburg Library for Wednesday Dec 11th, should be up on the schedule soon.

It really is the story every American should hear. :patriot:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There's another Crawfordsville Library event scheduled for Monday Nov. 18th - bring some folks back with you. :yesway:

Also finalizing a new LibertySeed at the Brownsburg Library for Wednesday Dec 11th, should be up on the schedule soon.

It really is the story every American should hear. :patriot:

I'll try to bring the Boss of Me to one, and maybe my sister too.

Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Im not far from salem, id love to see this.
    Looking like we will be hosting it in Salem on Nov. 20th @ 7pm ... Details will be coming - but if you want to catch it, I'd keep that evening open.EDIT: It's now on the schedule LibertySeed Schedule anyone has questions - PM me here and I'll be glad to give you any help I can.Thanks to yellowhousejake for agreeing to tell the story for us!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom