• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    hmm how about using an electric fence charger on the metal roll gates you already have? shovel hits it, perp gets a good jolt. Especially is you use say a 50mile charger on such a small area. For liability purposes, just put a small sign that says danger electric fence . I kept having someone trying to break into our all steel and aluminum tool shed with a solid steel door being the only way to get in, hooked a fence charger to it, ran the power cord under the driveway and connected into the house via a light switch, anytime i need to go to it, i simply flip it off, otherwise, it stays on, works great no more attempted break ins

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    hmm how about using an electric fence charger on the metal roll gates you already have? shovel hits it, perp gets a good jolt. Especially is you use say a 50mile charger on such a small area. For liability purposes, just put a small sign that says danger electric fence . I kept having someone trying to break into our all steel and aluminum tool shed with a solid steel door being the only way to get in, hooked a fence charger to it, ran the power cord under the driveway and connected into the house via a light switch, anytime i need to go to it, i simply flip it off, otherwise, it stays on, works great no more attempted break ins

you are not allowed to have an electrified fence in Marion county. however you might be able to work around this in the fact that they have to break the window to get to the electrified door.:yesway:

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    get some mirrors, smoke machine and green laser pointers, at night power on the pointers and the fog machine and have it so the beam bounces all over and looks like the movie laser grids... completely pointless but most thieves are stupid and will think you have the most awesomest security system ever

AH! Great idea. AND.... get an audio system that every now and then, in a deep computer, comanding voice says stuff like "Security System armed and online... Perimeter is secure. Scanning for human threats." lol

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Booby traps are tempting, but you better be careful. In the 1960's Stafford's sporting goods booby traped his back door with a shotgun and string. The old man was found dead in the back of the store one day. He evidently forgot to disable the booby trap.

JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    My dad has tossed around the idea of a big pet alligator to run around at night. Seems good to me since the next BG would brek the glass see the gator and word travels fast.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Instead of having your window set up as:

(exterior)
    Glass
    Iron bars
    Steel roll up
    (interior)

...wouldn't it be better to have

(exterior)
    Steel roll up
    Glass
    Iron bars
    UA-571C Remote Sentry Weapon System
    preview.png

...and some :chuck:clones patrolling the interior

...as your security setup, instead of having the easily breakable glass as your first line of defense? :dunno:

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    I heard the story about the owner of the shop on Shadeland. If I was told correctly he basically had several breakins then started staying at the shop and sleeping there. One night bingo he caught and shot a bad guy and if I understand correctly the end result was not good for him. He lost his shop and all of that good stuff. All because instead of working for a living some loser theif was trying to take what belonged to him that he had worked hard for to have.[/quote]

Its always a good idea to know someone w/100 acres and a backhoe.:ar15::rockwoot: Pop the perp, bury the body,
    Deny everything,demand proof, make counter accusations.:yesway::D

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Years ago, I managed a Rent A Center on E Washington. During my tenure there, the front glass was broken three times and several items were stolen. This place had swing away bars on the windows and doors that were secured every night on the inside of the store, but it did nothing to deter the smash and grabs for smaller items.

I finally solved the problem by pointing a few video cameras at the store front from the inside and hooked them to televisions that also faced the store front. When anyone walked up to the windows, they could see themselves on TV, ala 'Smile Dirtbag, You're on Candid Camera' :D

Never had another break in attempt.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Years ago, there was a gun shop, on the southside, on madison ave., just north of Southport rd., and the guy put a lion, in the store at night..... he was broken into, one night, and the State Trooper, that responded, would NOT, get out of his car, till, the owner got there, and secured the lion ..... :twocents:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Years ago, I managed a Rent A Center on E Washington. During my tenure there, the front glass was broken three times and several items were stolen. This place had swing away bars on the windows and doors that were secured every night on the inside of the store, but it did nothing to deter the smash and grabs for smaller items.

I finally solved the problem by pointing a few video cameras at the store front from the inside and hooked them to televisions that also faced the store front. When anyone walked up to the windows, they could see themselves on TV, ala 'Smile Dirtbag, You're on Candid Camera' :D

Never had another break in attempt.

Simple and effective! Nice!

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Obviously things did not work out so well for the Shadeland shop guy, but I think that is going to be the best option. Not actually shooting a bad guy, but just start staying at the shop over night periodically. Dont park your car in the lot, but somewhere else close. When the moron comes up to try to break in, hold him at gun point. If he runs off, he runs off. Hopefully you could actually keep him there until the police arrived though.

Video cameras with the outside facing monitor also seems like a pretty good idea, along with pairing up an IR camera with one of your current ones, so that it is visible at night.

TacticalM4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    We have a new group of tweens walking through our neighborhood and it is starting to amount to a few broken car windows, trash in yards, little stuff, but annoying. We have two small children and I am gone alot so I put up 4 Swann View video cameras from Freys around the house. They are small, but noticeable.

Coolest part: I can get live video feed on my phone, and I get an email whenever there is motion. Also records for about a month before recording over the old.

$600 bucks all in... has stopped EVERYTHING in our neighborhood. Might work for your shop.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    It is my understanding that you can use boobie traps so long as you post a warning to deter entry. I took the liberty of making up this warning sign for you....
    :draw:
    MANTRAPS.jpg
    :ar15:

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Try doing a chalk outline of a body and spreading ketchup on the ground by it. These POS's need to get a life and get a job. Most people work for what they want. They just think it's ok to not earn their way. My grandpa would have shown them the light. :draw:

Top Bottom