• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Is it private property or public property paid for by all tax payers of all faiths?
    As far as I know it is owned by the Port Authority of NY and NJ. That makes it public property. If they really want religious symbols there then they should put symbols of all faiths there. Many people died in the WTC on 9/11, not all were christians.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    As far as I know it is owned by the Port Authority or NY and NJ. That makes it public property. If they really want religious symbols there then they should put symbols of all faiths there. Many people died in the WTC on 9/11, not all were christians.

The same as if they put an obama campaign sign there,they would have to let the republican candidate put up his aswell.

Quit having a stroke bible thumpers.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    They should be nailed to it!! they might get it then!!

Hating the haters is the answer. It's just aggravating when, as usual, the minority who makes the loudest noise gets heard regardless of what the majority believes. Just like so many businesses in todays world, the Gov't can tend to manage to the lowest common denominator.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Hating the haters is the answer. It's just aggravating when, as usual, the minority who makes the loudest noise gets heard regardless of what the majority believes. Just like so many businesses in todays world, the Gov't can tend to manage to the lowest common denominator.

That's because we Christians lost our way many years go. We have allowed ourselves to be intimidated by the the PC police. They can say whatever they want about us, but God forbid we stand up for what we believe in. Then we cry how the country has become an immoral cesspool.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Because they don't want to be reminded they are going to hell?

Am I going to a place I don't believe in? Btw put up crosses, have prayer circles, sing as loud as you want but don't think for a second that everyone wants to share your beliefs.

I love all my really religious friends...they usually wore Saturday night's clothing to church on Sunday because they were in no shape to drive. Often smelling of strippers, booze, and smoke (of various types). They always knew better than to push their beliefs on me because they only really stick to theirs on Sunday mornings. So yeah, I'll gladly go to "hell" because at least I'll enjoy the company of all those other heathens that only "believe" one day a week.

IUBrink

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Because they don't want to be reminded they are going to hell?

I would think that if the Atheists are the scientist protectors of Earth...that God would put them in the front of the line to heaven for taking care of his planet creation and it's inhabitants.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    Am I going to a place I don't believe in? Btw put up crosses, have prayer circles, sing as loud as you want but don't think for a second that everyone wants to share your beliefs.

I love all my really religious friends...they usually wore Saturday night's clothing to church on Sunday because they were in no shape to drive. Often smelling of strippers, booze, and smoke (of various types). They always knew better than to push their beliefs on me because they only really stick to theirs on Sunday mornings. So yeah, I'll gladly go to "hell" because at least I'll enjoy the company of all those other heathens that only "believe" one day a week.

STRIPPERS and BOOZE the night before church ? Man did I miss that meeting.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Several things:

This is not just them wanting their beliefs respected, this is them attacking Christian beliefs.* They specifically want to remove something that Christians revere. They are not asking for a plaque to commemorate the atheists who died on 9/11.

This is a piece of rubble that just happened to be in the shape of a cross. If they had made a cross out of pieces of rubble, then it would be a cause for asking them to remove it. Were there any Davidian stars formed by the rubble as it collapsed? Any crescent moons? Any miniature Buddha's or Shiva's? didn't think so.

Thirdly, this has become an iconic symbol of 9/11. As much as the picture of Jack Ruby shooting LHO is for the Kennedy assassination. The picture of this cross-shaped rubble was run in almost every newspaper in the country. Honestly, I'm a Christian, and when I see a picture of the rubble cross, I think more of the people that died on 9/11/01 than I do about Jesus.

“The World Trade Center cross has become a christian icon. It has been blessed by so-called holy men and presented as a reminder that their God, who couldn’t be bothered to stop the Muslim terrorists or prevent 3,000 people from being killed in his name, cared only enough to bestow upon us some rubble that resembles a cross.”

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    As far as I know it is owned by the Port Authority of NY and NJ. That makes it public property. If they really want religious symbols there then they should put symbols of all faiths there. Many people died in the WTC on 9/11, not all were christians.

the port authority is merely displaying the beam and column that remained in the shape of a cross none were found in the shape of the star of david, or in a crescent moon, or anything else. It's ok they don't believe in God because the devil believes in them

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom