• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    i have several of these things on hand.. but the quick-clot bandage is nearing its expiration date... any source on replacements?

I know Masune Medical (masune.com I think) carries quik-clot packets which you can buy through the internet or telephone order. I was under the impression that blood-clotting packs were out of fashion nowadays, although I can see their utility when emergency medicine is all you have available.

erice1984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    South Carolina
    Are there other options for stopping bleeding with self aid? I thought, Israeli bandage, tourniquet, blood clot packets, pretty much it, along with pressure of course.

Atlas5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    I know I've seen quik-clot packets at Gander Mountain but I'm pretty sure that they're the old granular type of quik-clot. Not real sure on that. I'm an active duty medic on my second deployment and we don't use those anymore. Haven't for at least 5 years now. If you can find the quik-clot combat gauze get it. It's the stuff we use now and it works great. You can stuff it in the wound and get it right to the source of the bleeding unlike the granular stuff or the little bean bag types.

Direct pressure is always best but the Israeli bandages and tourniquets work great when the type or wound calls for it. If you don't have an Israeli bandage you can always just use an ace elastic bandage and some rolled gauze. When you wrap the wound with the elastic bandage or the Israeli, twist the bandage over once as it goes right over the wound and that will add even more pressure. For minor wounds you can always just raise the limb and that helps.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

I also have bought a bunch of stuff from Chinook, several orders, very good experiences. One time my bank would not clear the transaction for some reason, but we got it sorted out in ten minutes. I really like Chinook Medical.

Top Bottom