• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INgunowner

ARC Solutions
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Henry County
    Rep to the OP for an abundance of caution.

I do not have to show LTCH to buy at LGS and will not for a private sale.
    These are privately owned items that are posted as the seller see's fit. I have no issues there at all.

Agreed, LTCH es no bueno, However I personally conduct all firearms purchases at a LGS at my expense.
    For my piece of mind the paper trail and to a lesser extent the NICS check is worth the $15 they typically charge.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Got no prob with folks asking for LTCH.
    But for less hassle overall, most of my stuff gets sold on consignment at LGS.
    My item gets high visibility and I don't.

This honestly is a great way to go too. I've only ever sold one gun on consignment, but it was a super positive experience. I would most certainly consider it again.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I just read through this which, being a bit paranoid about online interactions, made me check my profile. The Armslister may have gotten your email from you vcard, if you have it available for download:

You may choose to allow other users to download a vCard containing your email address and username.

If you want to keep your email address private, do not allow vCard downloads.

The above is from the UserCP settings page.

EDIT: After rereading my reply, it could be taken as if I were calling the OP "paranoid." I didn't mean it in that way. I was referring only to myself as paranoid. Sorry, I couldn't sleep and am only half awake. I hope this makes sense.

Last edited:

PedalToTheFloor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2016
    Goshen, Indiana
    Don't know. It seems a bit paranoid to me. Do you really think the 50 post count is that much of a security blanket? If I were to go around the rules here and contact another member about a gun for sale, a post similar to this could be made. Of course, I would not be worthy because of my low post count. Never mind the fact that I possess an Indiana LTCH and an 03FFL, I just need to type more :rolleyes: One could just ask that a scan of a drivers license and LTCH be sent to the seller before any transaction is agreed upon. And I am NOT saying that I condone breaking the rules here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Rep to the OP for an abundance of caution.

Agreed, LTCH es no bueno, However I personally conduct all firearms purchases at a LGS at my expense.
    For my piece of mind the paper trail and to a lesser extent the NICS check is worth the $15 they typically charge.

Most of my trades/sales are to folks I already know these days. The rest are in the classy's. Keeps things simple.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't know. It seems a bit paranoid to me. Do you really think the 50 post count is that much of a security blanket? If I were to go around the rules here and contact another member about a gun for sale, a post similar to this could be made. Of course, I would not be worthy because of my low post count. Never mind the fact that I possess an Indiana LTCH and an 03FFL, I just need to type more :rolleyes: One could just ask that a scan of a drivers license and LTCH be sent to the seller before any transaction is agreed upon. And I am NOT saying that I condone breaking the rules here.

The 50 post rule is basically the beginning of the process. It is pretty easy to know someone with out ever meeting them if they are an active posting member.
    Like myself, you know where to find me. I have deep associations on Ingo. Many great folks know me and where I live.
    If I am contacted by a 55 post count member that has been on the board since 09 and is very active in the classy's I most usually avoid dealing with them.
    That said, a few good conversations (yes, actually talking to someone) can get you a feeling of that individual.
    Cold call armslist deals are a crap shoot.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Just so you know, as far as Bona Fides go, a LTCH (or equivalent) would have more weight with me than an 03FFL

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You might be surprised what one can glean from reading posts to get a feel for dealing with new members that have low post counts. It could be something as simple as an attitude in the way one posts.

PedalToTheFloor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2016
    Goshen, Indiana
    You might be surprised what one can glean from reading posts to get a feel for dealing with new members that have low post counts. It could be something as simple as an attitude in the way one posts.

I agree, but the nature of this post is saying something different. What I'm seeing here is that without 50 posts, you get an automatic red flag.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That does not make a whole lot of sense

Sure it does. Most know what a LTCH looks like. Personally, I have no idea what the FFL is supposed to look like, much less whether it's real or fake?

It's not uncommon for me to ask for no ID, as I "know" who I'm dealing with by their posts. If any question, DL and LTCH verifies that I'm meeting the legal requirement of not selling to a nonresident or felon.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I only deal here or with those I know personally. 50 posts do indeed allow me to get to see how a person interacts with others. If I see them as a flipper, I will not deal with them period. If I see them as an arrogant prick know it all, I don't deal with them. There are some long time members here that I would never buy anything from no matter the price due to their posts.

People that try to skirt around rules tell me a lot about somebody just as getting 50 and running to the classifies never to be seen again.

Don't have a big problem with the LTCH for some as all the look for is that I have it. Again though, dealing with only known people here, alleviates the reason to see one.

Bob

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sure it does. Most know what a LTCH looks like. Personally, I have no idea what the FFL is supposed to look like, much less whether it's real or fake?

It's not uncommon for me to ask for no ID, as I "know" who I'm dealing with by their posts. If any question, DL and LTCH verifies that I'm meeting the legal requirement of not selling to a nonresident or felon.
    Well said. It's all a part of the vetting process and it shows to others that INGO members take the free trade of buying and selling private firearms seriously here.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...There are some long time members here that I would never buy anything from no matter the price due to their posts...

Yep. A fair list of folks I would never deal with for numerous reasons from just being abrasive to expressing their really poor politics on a gun owners forum. I've missed a deal or two on principle.

PedalToTheFloor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2016
    Goshen, Indiana
    Does not an 03FFL holder have to create a record (bound book) of the aquisition of any C&R eligible firearm, whether or not they used their license to aquire it? And are not these records inspectable at will by BATFE?

There needs to be a record kept only if the license is used to acquire an eligible firearm. Those records are subject to inspection.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The 50 post or Site Supporter rule was put in place by the people that run the site.
    While they put a reason, or reasons out to explain it, it is not necessary for them to do so.

How would you like it if you asked people coming into your house remove their shoes, and a bunch of new people visiting you gives you grief over your rule?

Rules are not perfect. But it is a way they've used to try to weed out some that just take advantage of the site.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The 50 post or Site Supporter rule was put in place by the people that run the site.
    While they put a reason, or reasons out to explain it, it is not necessary for them to do so.

How would you like it if you asked people coming into your house remove their shoes, and a bunch of new people visiting you gives you grief over your rule?

Rules are not perfect. But it is a way they've used to try to weed out some that just take advantage of the site.

INGO is also a free site. They do not make any money off transactions.
    So it seems that if they want 50 quality posts, well that's a pretty cheap price for access to this site.

Top Bottom