• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So... some Americans exercised some of their rights. Good for them. Why is this news?

I am not so concerned with their demonstration as the likelihood that most others would have received a different response to showing up armed and chanting about killing police (without actually doing so or attempting it).

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am not so concerned with their demonstration as the likelihood that most others would have received a different response to showing up armed and chanting about killing police (without actually doing so or attempting it).

Huh??? I'm confused. What type of different response?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Huh??? I'm confused. What type of different response?

I would not expect to get away with suggesting killing police without getting put in a cage for 'terroristic threats'. I am not advocating anything here, just addressing my surprise that this did not become an issue.

+1 idiots got rights too.

I would say that we are pretty much on the same page here.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    IANAL but when does this rise to inciting a riot? Encouraging people to kill police seems like it to me.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    IANAL but when does this rise to inciting a riot? Encouraging people to kill police seems like it to me.

I would guess that this comes down to teh line between talking out their orifices and actually attempting to encourage the act.

Similarly, NBPP members were actively turning people away from polls under the credible threat of violence, which I would say falls squarely on the wrong side of teh line.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    While I find this behavior abhorrent to me it's just a group I disagree with exercising the same 1A and 2A rights we all have. They need to do more than make noise and carry rifles, which are both legal. I do agree with their stance on Planned Parenthood.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    Armed, peaceful protest by any group is good as far as I'm concerned. Cute chants about threatening to kill police officers is not.

Can a group of armed people ring a school and sing about killing your children? Would you laugh and support their freedom of speech?

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Armed, peaceful protest by any group is good as far as I'm concerned. Cute chants about threatening to kill police officers is not.

Can a group of armed people ring a school and sing about killing your children? Would you laugh and support their freedom of speech?

Blue (cop) lives matter.

Every cop is someone's kid.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    One of the pics shows a flag with the African continent on it. I'll leave it there.

If they like it leave right? If people left based solely on owning a foreign flag, and having a gripe with govt, hell, there'd be nobody here.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Yep! Kids, cops, doctors, electricians, teachers, engineers, pilots, or priests - don't threaten to kill people. First because it's kinda ****ty and second because they might feel threatened and take action.

middle aged white guys tend not to either, wellllllllll except for some white guy from Kentucky named Yeager. :dunno: :dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The revolution is on, said the chant leader. Off the pigs, the group chanted back. The chant continues, Time to pick up the gun… Off the pigs. No more pigs in my community… Off the pigs. No more brothers in jail… Off the pigs. No more sisters in jail… Off the pigs. The pigs are gonna get scared… Off the pigs. The pigs are gonna get dead… Off the pigs.

I can't decide if they just don't like bacon, don't want you to shoot it, or are mad because their relatives don't get bacon while in the slamer.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    As a native Hoosier I can say for certain that pigs smell terrible and earnestly support offing them. Otherwise what am I going to have with my eggs? Turkey bacon? No thank you!

More seriously, I've heard that the BP asserting their rights under 2A is part of what led to CA's ridiculous gun laws as racist ____s panicked about armed people who couldn't pass the paper bag test. No idea if it's true, but it wouldn't surprise me. I'm far too lazy to Google it at this hour though.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    As a native Hoosier I can say for certain that pigs smell terrible and earnestly support offing them. Otherwise what am I going to have with my eggs? Turkey bacon? No thank you!

More seriously, I've heard that the BP asserting their rights under 2A is part of what led to CA's ridiculous gun laws as racist ____s panicked about armed people who couldn't pass the paper bag test. No idea if it's true, but it wouldn't surprise me. I'm far too lazy to Google it at this hour though.

Paper bag test?

Top Bottom