• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    warsaw
    Arizona was too hot for me. Nice at first, and sounds great now with indianas current season, but the dry heat is to much. Maybe you could move to the carolinas, and get a vacation trailer or home in Arizona

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Having lived in NC and visiting AZ and contemplating moving there, I can offer a few things:

AZ is most gun friendly state in the US. NC requires permit to even touch a gun in your local gun store.
    AZ dry heat. NC humid as heck. Just imagine your worst sticky summer in Indiana and multiply it by every day during the summer for NC
    AZ....wide open spaces and freedom. NC.....east coast mentality and the only open spaces are the ones where they've cut down trees to build something.

Simple Ed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Kosciusko County
    Have you seen the stars in Arizona?! INCREDIBLE! Dry air plus elevation make for some of the best stargazing you can have. As a bonus, you get topography/geography so different from Indiana.

Not to mention, that if you have hair (not a problem for me) the Carolina humidity will curl it like a Christmas bow!

jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    WOW thanks to all. Didn't think I would get this much response.

Indiana has been OK but it's changed so much. It really shocked me when I came back. Good paying jobs have all moved out. Brain Drain is unreal, we keep loosing young people to the southern states. My son has already told me he's gone when college is over. Now 41st in per capa income. I remember when we were in the top 30%.

At any rate this is gonna be a really tough decision. It looks like most here prefer the Carolinas. I lived in the East before and really didn't care for it. The desert really does it for me so I gotta convinence the wife. Would just like to get out of here before next winter....

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I moved from Texas to Indiana when I retired, because here's where both our families live. I don't see your view of Indiana's economy as being a bad factor for a retiree. You can live somewhere where the per capita income is high, like NYC or California, but you can't afford to buy property. I've been to Arizona. The southern half of Arizona has really hot summers, where you won't want to go outside for a few months and do anything. Like someone else said, a lot of former Californians are making the move east and taking their liberal views with them. My last comment is the old saw, "Happy wife; happy life!" One thing to consider is as you age, you will want to live close to good medical facilities and convenient shopping. You might think that you would like to live way out in an isolated part of the country and not be bothered, but as the years take their toll, you will want convenience over privacy. If I had a choice, I'd probably take what's behind curtain #3...The Villages - Florida's Friendliest Retirement Hometown - New Home Sales, Home Resales, Build Your Dream Home, Brownwood Paddock Square

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom