• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hochwald

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    South Bend
    In the granola state (California nothing but fruits nuts and flakes) it must by Cali law be from an FFL to an FFL coming into the state. Thus why lots of ads state no Cali sales.

If an FFL wants to not accept private ownership out of state transfer well it is their right to do so. No illegal sale for them if they did but a decision not to as a business model or like stated got burned somehow before. Their house their rules. Mine will except them and 15 dollars to do so. Anderson based. Let me know if you need one transferee.

CA does not require incoming transfers to be from an FFL:

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcfaqs#2

Win52C

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    It is up to the receiving FFL, as stated above, whether they want to receive from a non-FFL. It is perfectly legal to do so as long as a copy of the non-FFLs driver's license or another form of accepted photo ID is included in the shipment. Many FFLs, and I don't know the reason for this, will not accept such shipments.

Because they hey don't want to make $20 :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You know, I see this on GB more and more. A non-ffl advertises a gun and says straight up in their add that they are NOT an ffl. Then go on to state that you need to make sure that YOUR ffl will recieve a gun from a NON ffl.

Do they not realize that most ffl dealers will NOT do a transfer from a non-ffl ??? Do they not realize that they are limiting their market size to only include ffl holders or those who have a "buddy" that is???

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just establish a local ffl dealer that they can use to do your transfers and then add that cost in??? Or at least give that option...

The seller does not want to spend the $

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    OP, it would be beneficial to post the name of the FFL that won't transfer the firearm because this may keep others from being in the same position that your friend is in now. Just saying.
    Or just make a simple phone call BEFORE you assume they will accept it. That way, they know to expect it, and you know the cost and any other stipulations.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Some FFL's want to limit their exposure to anything stolen or used in a crime. If they dot all their "i's" and cross all their "T's" they will not be held responsible, but the ATF is brutal when they are doing investigations, and have little reguard for FFL holder's time or expense. Even though it causes inconvenience, I can understand the FFL's position.

The man was right about California, there are extra complexities. And the FFL has to hold the firearm until a case number is issued by the state. The time and expense are not worth it for a low priced firearm. The only time I bothered with it was a $6,000 transaction, where an extra $100 in expense did not mean much.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    This is what I found...
    From ATF FAQ:
    A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom