• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    I now believe my next purchase will be an ar15. but i really on want only one lower and have different uppers. i have search many websites but to no avail. i was wanting to get uppers in at least 30 cal rifle cartridges(they make 50cal stuff for ar's), but also the .223 and possibably .22lr. but i have only seem the larger caliber stuff mostly on ar10's. which is a different platform that doesn't interchange with the ar15. the ar10's they all say the new designs are beefier were need over previous. so i was wander if the ar15 can handle the larger calibers like the ar10 can. from what it seem they go with the ar10 becasue of it's strength.

thnaks for any replies.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Vincennes
    Hi Limpy. You can find a lot of information on these forums:

458socomforums.com and

ar15.com

When you get to ar15.com click on the ar15 at the top and then go to AR Variants

There is a wealth of information about various calibers based on the AR platform. :) Dave

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I now believe my next purchase will be an ar15. but i really on want only one lower and have different uppers. i have search many websites but to no avail. i was wanting to get uppers in at least 30 cal rifle cartridges(they make 50cal stuff for ar's), but also the .223 and possibably .22lr. . . .
    For factory made ammo take a look at these. All offer factory made ammo to go with their guns but its usually pretty scarce and typically mail order ammo sources are best.
    • Alexander Arms makes the 6.5 Grendel and the 50 Beowulf
    • Bushmaster makes the 450 Bushmaster
    • Rock River Arms makes the 458 Socom -- this is LEGAL for Indiana Deer hunting!
    • Remington makes the 30RAR (similar to a very mild 308 Win)
    • Olympic Arms makes the 223WSSM, 243WSSM, and 25WSSM plus the 30-OSM (30-OSM ballistics exceed 308 Win)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    yeah thats helps alot.

thanks fella's.
    Glad I could help. But I forgot several others. There are quite a few companies that make uppers for the 30 caliber Russian military round, the 7.62x39. Olympic Arms, Model 1 Sales come to mind but there are probably a dozen brands that also chamber for that cartridge.

FWIW, the 50 Beowulf and the 450 Bushmaster are not legal for Indiana deer hunting so if you are going for a big bore Indiana deer legal cartridge and want factory ammo then you probably should look at the 458 Socom. Ballistics are similar to a mild 45-70.

There are plenty of wildcats for the AR15 platform, some of those are Hoosier deer legal, some not. You didn't indicate what you intend to use the gun for so I'm not sure what other advice to provide.

Top Bottom