• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I am looking to replace my Anderson mill spec FCG , I want a match grade/adjustable type trigger/FCG , only one catch,I am cheap, so what lower priced with good quality/less known brands that perform well are there???

I know being cheap costs you money,but I thought I would post the question to all my fellow INGOers,be cause there are some lower priced/less known stuff out there that performs fine

thanks!

Aaron

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Here's what I'd be looking at. These are all GREAT triggers that perform well.....a hell of a lot better than stock. But you aren't going to get anything "adjustable" except with the Elftmann, Geissele NM, and Hiperfire.....and you're going to pay for it.

Under $100 - ALG
    $100-$150 - CMC, Velocity, Larue
    $150 and up - AR Gold, Geissele, Elftmann, Wilson Combat, Hiperfire, Timney

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    And I want to build a MK12 for less than $400...

Unfortunately, wants are burdened by the laws of reality. Aka, "good ain't cheap, and cheap ain't good". You're going to have to decide which is more important to you.

What kind of shooting are you wanting to do that you are incapable of doing with your current trigger?

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    It's always been a simple triangle of choice:

............GOOD

FAST................CHEAP

...on which you only should ever expect to get TWO of the three choices.

Good, bad, or indifferent, with modern industry, one of your choices has already been chosen for you for any of the triggers you'll be considering; you will almost certainly get "FAST".

So all you need to do is try a few triggers, and decide which matters more to you.

Good, or cheap?

-Nate

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    JP Enterprise Revolution trigger, i just installed one in my AR10 it is the best trigger I've ever shot in a gas gun. zero take up very short reset (less than 1/8”) . $199 @ Primary arms. You won’t regret it.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    "Match grade " and adjustable doesn't come cheap.

Best bang for the buck for "match" right now is the LaRue MBT for $125 if you can wait

+1...The last "I got plenty of time" LaRue MBT I got (early July) only took two weeks to ship.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Here's what I'd be looking at. These are all GREAT triggers that perform well.....a hell of a lot better than stock. But you aren't going to get anything "adjustable" except with the Elftmann, Geissele NM, and Hiperfire.....and you're going to pay for it.

Under $100 - ALG
    $100-$150 - CMC, Velocity, Larue
    $150 and up - AR Gold, Geissele, Elftmann, Wilson Combat, Hiperfire, Timney

I have 2 of the Velocity systems and they are great. No adjustments but they don't need them. Light and crisp right out of the packaging. I measured mine right at 3 pounds and the reset is very small.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    The company itself is "new" to the game, but their owner designed triggers for Timney, and it seems he's producing a great product with Velocity. If I were looking for a budget single stage right now, I'd probably pick one of the Velocity triggers over my currently installed CMC. Velocity's product is very nice for the money paid.
    I have 2 of the Velocity systems and they are great. No adjustments but they don't need them. Light and crisp right out of the packaging. I measured mine right at 3 pounds and the reset is very small.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    You won't get anything "cheap" you'll need to spend at least a hundred I'd say, but you should be able to get quality for under 2. Do you want double or single stage?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I picked up a rock river two stage for 90.00 (they were on sale) its not adjustable but breaks at about 4#'s, very smooth

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Going cheap on a trigger isn't going to get you what you want. This is one of those things that you buy once and forget about how much you dropped on it.

The best AR trigger I've ever felt in an AR is the Geissele Super Dynamic 3 Gun on my cousins AR. It's buttery smooth and crisp as a diamond, but you won't get it cheap.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Buy once cry once. Black Friday weekend last year, primary arms had gisselle triggers 30% off. That's the time to buy. I got a nm adjustable for $190.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Oh. I forgot.

Don't buy a Jewell. Despite the well-deserved reputation of the Jewell bolt-gun triggers, their AR trigger is not well respected for ease of adjustment, ability to HOLD adjustments, nor does it provide the same trigger pull every shot.

-Nate

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I bought a Geissele SSA for one of my guns, and the less-expensive Geissele G2S for another gun, and they are both very, very nice. I am pretty sure the G2S can be had for about $165, or less when on sale.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I like the CMC and also the Rise Armament triggers. Both 3.5 lbs., but not adjustable and both can be found in the 100-150 dollar range. May or may not be necessary, but I also like the KNS anti-rotate pins for installation. They can be found for about 25-30 bucks a set.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I know you said you would like adjustable, but Delta Team Tactical has the Rise Armament 3.5 lb. drop in for 99.99 right now. I've got two of them and just ordered another.

Rise Armament Ar-15 M4 3.5-lb Drop In Match Trigger System

As someone that has always been used to old milsurp rifle triggers, 3.5 lbs. feels like a hair trigger to me! :): But seriously I like them as well as my CMC which is also 3.5 lb.

phidelt208

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    This is on Point, the CMG & Velocity aren't ajustable, but are great triggers what will out run 90% of people using them.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    "Match grade " and adjustable doesn't come cheap.

Best bang for the buck for "match" right now is the LaRue MBT for $125 if you can wait

I agree, its not out there, if you want those features OP your just gonna have to pay for them. There are cheaper and far better options than the factory Mil-Spec trigger, but their not a match trigger. I'm going through this same thing now with one of my builds, I bought the cheap $100 drop in and its just not what I need. If it functioned like it was suppose to it would be ok for a carbine build but not a precision rig. Just buy the trigger you want in the first place and be done with it. If your needing a match trigger buy one, or if you just want it. If you don't need it save the coin and get a cheaper one, but unfortunately no one has been able to mesh the two for little money.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Another point, if you can put it in, you can take it out. Spend the extra on the trigger to get what you want for more than you really want to pay. If you decide to buy a nicer AR, you can move it to the new gun. Its not like the installs are permanent.

(this is coming from the guy who is balking over paying only $30 more for a newer radio, so I feel your pain)

Top Bottom