• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've decided that my next build is going to be a pistol, mainly for home defense but also a range toy. Just wondering what the choice of sights was for those of you that have them. Probably going to mount a small light on it since it will be for "things that go bump in the night". Would Magpul MBUS be as good as anything? Small red dot? Other options? :dunno: I'm going with a 7.5" barrel/upper if that makes a difference.

pix264859579.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    For me personally, red dot. Then, spend the $200 to sbr it. Much easier to shoot from the shoulder.

I'm getting one of the KAK blade wrist stabilizers to start with. I'll have to think about the sbr route maybe in the future though. I've never tried a red dot in combination with a light. Is it still pretty easy to see?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I'm getting one of the KAK blade wrist stabilizers to start with. I'll have to think about the sbr route maybe in the future though. I've never tried a red dot in combination with a light. Is it still pretty easy to see?

Never noticed a problem with any of mine. If your light washes out your red dot, turn up the brightness on your red dot.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Ditto on the red dot. And don't go crazy on the lumens for your white light if it's strictly for indoor night use. People put these 600 lumen lights on their weapons and wonder why they get a washout. 200 lumen from a quality light like surefire or streamlight is plenty

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    AR%20Pistol%20SLD.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Bushnell TRS-25 Red dot on a short riser with a pair of inexpensive flip-up sights. Works great with my light. Used a Thordsen Buffer Tube cover with a stock saddle. This one has an 11.5 inch barrel with a Flash Can.

Nice thing about an AR pistol, is you can take it on trips across state lines without having to get permission like an NFA item.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg

Here's mine; no need for sights or red dot. If I had to use this in the house for self defense the concussion alone would split his wig. :):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I run an Eotech 512 on my 300BO AR pistol. Mine is a home defense gun too. I have not gone the SBR route yet, but do have a suppressor on order. I find that shooting using the sling and wrist brace for stabilization works pretty well without the need to touch the shoulder, so my first NFA money is going to protect our hearing should I ever have to use it in the house.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I recently got a Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot. 2MOA dot, 50,000hr battery life. I've not had it to the range yet. I also am considering the thought offered upthread re: NFA having to approve any crossing of state lines with that gun if it's a SBR. It's not like I need a stock on it... My name isn't Kuntzman, after all.

Blessings,
    Bill

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    On my pistol I just run a red dot, for some reason it takes forever for me to get on target with buis. I have a Vortex StrikeFire and really like it.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm too tired to check but why get a red dot or BUIS, can't you just put a laser on it since it is considered a pistol? If it is legal, I would go that route. Also, with a laser, no need to shoot from your shoulder.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    On my pistol I just run a red dot, for some reason it takes forever for me to get on target with buis. I have a Vortex StrikeFire and really like it.
    Nice looking set up! I'm kind of leaning towards a red dot. What about reflex sights? I don't have any experience with them, but I suppose they could be an option also?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm too tired to check but why get a red dot or BUIS, can't you just put a laser on it since it is considered a pistol? If it is legal, I would go that route. Also, with a laser, no need to shoot from your shoulder.
    I'm sure it's legal, but I'm not a fan of laser sights, or at least I should say I don't care for them on a regular handgun, so I wasn't thinking of one for this pistol.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Never noticed a problem with any of mine. If your light washes out your red dot, turn up the brightness on your red dot.

Just tried my rifle with a red dot in my darkened house with a flashlight and it looks like it works just fine. I think this is the way I'm going to go.

Thanks to everyone for the replies and advice! :ingo:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom